Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

increase audio output on laptop

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 PM

Posted 21 July 2004 - 04:51 PM

Well i have this problem where when i play a dvd its not very loud. But i am able to play music with the media player on a cd thats so loud(on the same laptop) that i have to turn it down. Why is this. Even headphones dont help much. My volume is turned up all the way. IS there a windows souind amplifier program(free??)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 21 July 2004 - 09:21 PM

Well a quick explanation is this dvd audio is much much cleaner that lets say mp3's. herefore it is going to be toned down. It is like listening to a tape in a cassete player then turning on Dolby NoiseReduction so there is no more hiss. This is normal. Just how Dvd's are made and the quality that goes into the sound!

#3 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2004 - 10:01 PM

I know my laptop dvd software has the dolby surround sound deal built in just with my laptop speaker. Very clear sound and picture indeed. But is there no way to increase the sound volume? Some way to amplify it? I dont know much about dvds since im new to dvds(yes im new just got a dvd player when i got my laptop march of this year :thumbsup:
Just not to familiar in that category of a pc. Ill have it mastered soon like the rest of my pc lol. Thanks and if anyone has any tips please write.

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,395 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2004 - 11:08 PM

Dolby surround sound will not work off the speakers in the laptop. You would need to plug in external speakers for the true experience. That may be why you are having such low volume as it is trying to send some of the noise to various speakers that dont exist. Change your speaker config so the laptop knows you only have stereo speakers.

#5 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 22 July 2004 - 09:50 AM

Ok. I know thats where there set now but i can have dolby. Sorry for any confusement. I got them on stereo. I have dolby quality so says my dvd software :thumbsup:
Well thanks for the help i guess i will just go buy some external speaker like surround sound!

#6 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,395 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2004 - 02:03 PM

Your sound card built into the laptop could very well support dolby, but unless oyu have the proper speaker config it just wont work :thumbsup:

#7 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 22 July 2004 - 02:52 PM

Grinler is right. First you need to find out if your sound card supports.Dolby digital, DTS or reg Dolby surround. If you have alot of inputs on your audio card you probably do But if you only have one or 2 probably not. Like I have 7 but that on a SB audigyzs. And placing 2 extra speakers does not mean it is "surround sound" it has to be properly transfered through each speaker to cacth what sound belongs where.

#8 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 22 July 2004 - 03:08 PM

I think im confusing both of you. Ok i have the support for 5.1 surround sound 7.1 and so on on my card. I just dont have the speakers. Im planning on getting some though. Its ok i see "you have to have the speakers to get the quality".

#9 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2004 - 03:11 PM

I do see what you are saying though. My laptop has setting for many different types of audio speaker such as:headphones,5.1 surround sound and many others. Just that i have to have the speakers to set it. Right now im confusing myself (lol)

#10 tejash

tejash

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2008 - 01:43 AM

you can use VLC player. there is a hidden feature ctrl + up arrow key. you can increase the volume upto 400 %.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users