Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Constant Beeping When I Turn On My Pc

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 willh6919

willh6919

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 28 March 2008 - 10:10 AM

I am not sure if this s right section for this post sorry if it isnt.
At the moment when ever i turn on my pc it just beeps and a on the monitor says signal cable not connected this has happened before and i rung hp but they just said take out all the cables and press the on/of button for 1 min and it worked but this time it hasn't and my warranty has run out does any one have any advice
?
thanks

Edited by willh6919, 28 March 2008 - 10:11 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,689 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 AM

Posted 28 March 2008 - 10:16 AM

Would you please supply us with the make and model of your computer.

Dos you user manual provide any information on error beeps?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 willh6919

willh6919
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2008 - 10:25 AM

the name is hp pavillion windows xp media center edition
here is a pic of it http://www.onlinemarket.ca/images/uploads/cocohp1.jpg

Yeah i looked through the manual but i couldn't find any thing that helped.

#4 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 AM

Posted 28 March 2008 - 11:37 AM

Do you have the model number for the PC?

My first guess with a continious beep is that it sounds like a memory issue, try removing the sticks of RAM, make sure the slots are clean (dust etc) and then stick them back in, post back any results.
~ E-Mu ~

"Emu, You Moo, We All Moo for Emu!" <-- Thanks to Animal

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"

#5 smurfgod

smurfgod

• Members
  • 446 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 AM

Posted 28 March 2008 - 05:29 PM

http://www.amptron.com/html/bios.beepcodes.html
^ beep codes

To add to Emu's i think he's probably right, If you have more than 1 stick you should also try booting with each stick in different slots, one of your RAM sticks or DIMM slots might have went out.

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,689 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2008 - 08:19 PM

Unfortunately that picture doesn't tell me what model that is. If I'm going to search for the manual for that computer and look up the beep codes for you I will need that information. The model should be on the front of the computer.

As for it being RAM, that's a possibility guys, but without the model and looking up the codes it could well be the graphics card. The RAM code is just one of the more common ones, but that doesn't preclude it being anything else.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 willh6919

willh6919
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2008 - 11:21 AM

Unfortunately that picture doesn't tell me what model that is. If I'm going to search for the manual for that computer and look up the beep codes for you I will need that information. The model should be on the front of the computer.

As for it being RAM, that's a possibility guys, but without the model and looking up the codes it could well be the graphics card. The RAM code is just one of the more common ones, but that doesn't preclude it being anything else.

All it has on the front is hp pavilion windows xp media center edition 2005

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,689 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2008 - 11:31 AM

If you download SIW and go to the hardware section, click on BIOS it will tell the manufacturer and version of your BIOS. With that you will be able to use the link that smufgod provided.

#9 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 29 March 2008 - 11:42 AM

What does it say in the area surrounded by red in this image:Posted Image

Edited by usasma, 29 March 2008 - 11:49 AM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users