Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is There Such A Mouse?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 missmuffit47

missmuffit47

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 AM

Posted 28 March 2008 - 09:19 AM

I want to buy a new mouse that is wireless, battery free, but most importantly a mouse I can use on my knee as opposed to a mat, is there such a product and if so any websites address's please? :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2008 - 10:02 AM

You wont be able to get a wireless and battery less mouse, its either or im afraid, a wireless mouse needs battery power to transmit the signals back to the reciever, best bet is get some rechargable batterys or a mouse with a docking station.

You may want to look at getting a TRACKBALL mouse if you want to be able to use it on your knee but apart from that i wouldnt say it was any use to try
~ E-Mu ~

"Emu, You Moo, We All Moo for Emu!" <-- Thanks to Animal

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"

#3 missmuffit47

missmuffit47
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2008 - 10:18 AM

Thanks Steve
I looked at the trackball mouse it looks fine and if I can use it on my knee (thats right?) I think it may be a good option.

#4 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2008 - 11:28 AM

Yeh u basically move the ball about instead of moving the mouse on the mouse pad, might take ya a couple of days to get use to it but from experience id say there better.

Same price as what you'd pay for a decent normal mouse aswell
~ E-Mu ~

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 AM

Posted 28 March 2008 - 01:05 PM

I'll admit when I first read your post I had to chuckle, Wireless and no batteries?? There is such an animal in developement
http://www.inhabitat.com/
http://blogs.pcworld.com/
If you don't mind me asking, is operating with your knees because of a disability or you simply have too much to do with only 2 hands? :thumbsup:
Most trackballs, the ball is somewhat reccessed where making contact might be difficult. These 2 models have an over-sized ball that sits right on top. The only problem is the ball is not "captured". If you position it more than horizontal, the ball will drop out
I use the first one myself and love it
http://us.kensington.com/1
http://us.kensington.com/2
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#6 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2008 - 01:33 PM

haha that was a bit of an intresting read, not to sure on the outcome but will be intresting to see the results after the trials, i think i shall however be sticking with my batteries until i can have a dual touch screen monitor :thumbsup:

Edited by Emu1616, 28 March 2008 - 01:34 PM.

~ E-Mu ~

#7 raw

raw

Bleeping Hacker

• Members
  • 2,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 AM

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:05 PM

Wireless, but uses batteries. Logitech V200.
Energizer Lithiums last a very long time.
Works on the couch, floor, leg, just about any surface that is not reflective.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/business...&cl=roeu,en

rawsig.png

rawcreations.net          @raw_creations

Current systems: WHAT OS, BackTrack-raw, PCLinuxOS, Peppermint OS 6, Kali Linux

and a custom Linux From Scratch server hosting a bunch of top secret stuff.

#8 Hero_Raymond

Hero_Raymond

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2008 - 05:18 PM

To tell the truth, I'm using a Logitech MX 400 mouse on my knee right now. It's a lazer mouse rather than optical, so it performs better on uneven surfaces. It is wired though.

Still, you might want too look into a lazer mouse if a trackball doesn't sound appealing.

#9 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,109 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:53 PM

I used to use a Trackman Marble with my Compaq presario R3000 and played MMORPG ( Mass Multi Online Role Playing Games {think Everquest}) games while laying in bed. I placed the trackball on my bed with my arm at my side and the laptop on a chiller pad on a pillow on my lap. Played for 36 hours straight with a few naps while I was crafting. This is the latest incarnation.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#10 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2008 - 08:47 AM

This is the latest incarnation.

That looks quite comfortable to fit around the hand rather than some others on the market
~ E-Mu ~

#11 Cassiopeia

Cassiopeia

• Members
  • 229 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:59 AM

I want to buy a new mouse that is wireless, battery free, but most importantly a mouse I can use on my knee as opposed to a mat, is there such a product and if so any websites address's please? :thumbsup:

Logitech has a wireless mouse that is rechargeable. So, it actually is wireless without regular batteries. It's small enough to use on your knee. It is usually located in the notebook/laptop section of computer stores. A dongle connects to the computer to accept the signal from the mouse. The mouse is recharged using a wire; the wire is removed once the mouse is charged.

Pray this helps!

:huh:

#12 Connor!

Connor!

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2008 - 05:24 PM

Hi

I use this mouse when I connect my laptop to my tv. It takes a while to get used to with it being so different. It doesn't match your description but I think it will be perfect for where you want to use it.

It is called 'The Fish'
I am on a handheld device right now so I can't post a direct link but it shout appear in google by typing 'fish mouse'

Connor
Posted Image
Thanks Shaba! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users