Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Smitfraud-c.gp

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 danzvixn2002

danzvixn2002

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 28 March 2008 - 07:49 AM

So, Last week my computer started throwing up some rather suspicious looking security popups and then my background turned bright blue and said my system was infected. After running Norton and finding nothing I ran adaware and Spybot and found a number of nasty little infections. I was able to get all but one of them removed - Smitfraud-c.gp. I searched the forums and found the Smitfraud fix, but I rescanned after using it and the thing is still there. My computer is still running slow, but faster then it was, and I can finally get my task manager to open up. I'm not computer whiz, but I can hold my own. Any ideas on what else I can do to get rid of this thing? I have come to terms with the fact that I may need to just wipe it clean, but I'd rather not if I don't have to. Please Help!!!
:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users