Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

'could Not Find Kernel Image: Linux' - Usb Knoppix

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jaiisun

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Local time:01:22 PM

Posted 28 March 2008 - 03:59 AM

Well, I posted this topic yesterday,

and today, my friend told me he had the same problem upon wanting to put his old hard drive into his new computer. His solution was to install USB Knoppix 5.1 using the following tutorial: http://www.pendrivelinux.com/2007/01/01/usb-knoppix-510/

So, I thought i'd try it and did all the stages it asked me to. However, upon starting up my computer I get the message:

"SYSLINUX 3.51 2007-06-10 CBIOS Copyright 1994-2007 H. Peter Anvin
Could not find kernel image: linux
boot: _"

Does anybody have any ideas on what to do?!
It's driving me crazy... and i thought swapping hard drives was a piece of cake.

Please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 raw

Bleeping Hacker

• Members
  • 2,577 posts
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 28 March 2008 - 06:28 PM

I want to make sure I understand this.
You installed a USB version of Knoppix to a hard drive and not a
USB flash drive?

From reading the other post the info given was correct, Windows XP was installed
to another system and can't process what it's seeing when the new box boots up.

My recommendation: Download PCLinuxOS and resize the drive (shrink the windows partition)
and install to the new free space. You can also use it as a LiveCD and save all your Windows data
then wipe out the whole drive.

rawcreations.net          @raw_creations

Current systems: WHAT OS, BackTrack-raw, PCLinuxOS, Peppermint OS 6, Kali Linux

and a custom Linux From Scratch server hosting a bunch of top secret stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users