Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphics Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sar84

sar84

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 AM

Posted 27 March 2008 - 02:08 PM

Hi , I have a game that when I play it certain objects do not load properly and the game play is slow. Iam not sure if this is because my graphics card needs updating, I dont know alot about computers. Iam playing it on my laptop which runs on vista my graphics card is an ATI Radeon xpress 200m series, how do I know if this needs updating? I have been on the ATI drivers website but got confused. Thankyou in advance for any help :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 28 March 2008 - 07:44 AM

Hi sar84, welcome to BC. :flowers:
When it comes to games, the best "first" thing to do is visit the game makers website to see if there is a patch addressing the issue and that your system meets or exceeds all requirements.
When you upgrade your video drivers on a laptop, you'll want to check with the laptops manufacturer first as they are often tweaked. If no updates are available from them, you can try another route.
If you wish to post the game that's having the problem, as well as laptop make and model, we can be of more help. There is no "generic" fix. :thumbsup:

Edited by HitSquad, 28 March 2008 - 07:51 AM.

#3 sar84

sar84
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 AM

Posted 29 March 2008 - 02:47 PM

Thankyou HitSquad, I will check the manufacturers website :thumbsup: My laptop is a gateway W340UI and the game is Sims life stories :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users