Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sample.exe Shutdown

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 aquacrusher

aquacrusher

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 AM

Posted 27 March 2008 - 12:25 PM

I had been getting the error that a file Sample was preventing windows from shutting down.

The Bleeping Computer Startup List indicates that its an infection, however this is a brand new install on a Toshiba A2 Laptop

After investigating I found this link

Sample Shutdown Error

The site indicates that its actually an issue with Intel Pro Lan and Intel Wireless drivers, with instructions to uninstall and reinstall with new drivers.

Just thought we should update the info to include that if a system has been found clean there are other options.

The solution has worked for me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users