Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Processor Speed Not Showing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nooodle

Nooodle

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 27 March 2008 - 12:10 PM

I have a 2.88mhz processor and my motherboard says I have a 100mhz I believe it is the default setting for this motherboard I was curious would it hurt my computer to change it in the motherboard setup to the correct amount. Also my ram is running at 333mhz shouldn't they be running at close to the same speed?

Edited by Nooodle, 27 March 2008 - 12:15 PM.

Posted Image

My name is Nooodle and I approve this message.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,830 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2008 - 12:32 PM

Can you tell us exactly where you are looking in your system...to come up with these numbers?

Then it's easy for anyone else to look in the same place on their systems...and get a fix on what's going on.

Louis

#3 Nooodle

Nooodle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2008 - 12:39 PM

ok I press delete when the computer boots and go into the motherboard setup and its in there, it says cpu clock is at 100mhz cpu speed is at 1800 mhz Ram clock is at 333 mhz also I made a mistake the processor is 1.88mhz Im very sorry, the motherboard still says its 100mhz though, I am useing CPU-z as a quick reference.

Edited by Nooodle, 27 March 2008 - 01:09 PM.

Posted Image

My name is Nooodle and I approve this message.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,830 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2008 - 01:54 PM

Appreciated :thumbsup:.

In the meantime, I downloaded CPU-Z. I don't want to turn the system off just to go into the BIOS for a few seconds...and I needed to familiarize myself with this tool.

I'm currently on a system running an AMD Athlon XP 2200 processor.

My Core Speed is reflected as 1800MHz, which matches my 1.8GHz reflected when I do the Start/Properties thing and look at the summary data.

My clock multiplier is listed as 13.5, which means that 13.5 multiplies my bus speed (133.3) to give me my 1800mHz/1.8GHz speed.

See how that works out for you...given the CPU-Z numbers.

Using CPU-Z again, I see DRAM Frequency of 166.7 and FSB:DRAM of FSB plus 33MHz (200MHz), with a CAS of 2.5. I have two modules (2GB) of PC3200 installed.

I have not tweaked this system in any way.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users