Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Music/video Freezes

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Deleng

Deleng

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 27 March 2008 - 10:47 AM

My boyfriend formatted his D drive few days ago and re-installed Windows XP Pro on it. After that, music and video keeps freezing (like lagging sort of) for a second or two. We noticed it only happens if he isn't moving the mouse or otherwise just doing anything on the computer. As soon as he just lets it be, the music (or video, we noticed last night when watching a movie) keeps freezing every 30seconds or so. And if he is moving the mouse all the time, the music/video doesn't freeze at all. We checked and it still happens, regardless of the program we use to play the audio/video. Also, the freezing stops if he moves the mouse when it's doing it.
Thanks for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Deleng

Deleng
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2008 - 11:04 AM

Sorry for bumping this, but I've been waiting for over a week for some kinda help/answer. :/ So.. bump.

#3 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 AM

Posted 06 April 2008 - 11:37 AM

Are you watching online like Youtube or using Windows Media Player? Chances are pretty good you need to update Flash or something else.

#4 Deleng

Deleng
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2008 - 11:43 AM

It's not that. The music freezes no matter what. Youtube, WMP, Foobar, Winamp. Everything. :/

#5 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2008 - 05:42 PM

It could be a driver issue then. It's hard to tell without more specific details. Your description is too vague. Are you on dialup?

#6 pokerdebs

pokerdebs

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 07 April 2008 - 10:12 AM

I have the freezing videos issue as well. What info is needed to explore this issue?

#7 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 07 April 2008 - 01:16 PM

Hello pokerdebs and welcome to BC

Instead of hijacking this thread, please start your own. It's possible that the problem and solution may be different in your situation.

In your new post, be sure to include the make, model, and specifications of your computer. Give a detailed description of the problem and what you have already done to try and solve the problem. We will do our best to help you
Regards
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#8 Deleng

Deleng
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2008 - 09:30 AM

Apparently this got sorted as my boyfriend installed back some old drivers. Thanks though.

#9 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2008 - 11:09 AM

Great. So it did turn out to be a driver issue.

In response to the other person, it's helpful to know where you are watching the video. Is it Windows Media Player etc. or online like Youtube etc.?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users