Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recovered From Serious Error At Start Up Twice Now

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Cindylu

Cindylu

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 AM

Posted 27 March 2008 - 06:08 AM

I'm not quite sure what is causing this so please forgive me if I have this in the wrong place.

Twice now when I've turned on my computer I have gotten the "System has recovered from a serious error" message. When I click the "details" it says that it concerns

C:\Documents and Settings\Cindy\Local settings\Temp\WER177b.dir00\mini032608-01.dmp
C:\Documents and Settings\Cindy\Local settings\TEmp\sysdata.xml

I can't seem to figure out what the problem is. I did have an incident recently where Kaspersky detected what they said was a "keylogger" but they said they successfully neutralized it and I ran an full system scan which said I was clean.

The only thing is that since then I have noticed that I have trouble if my computer gets shut off and the wireless network is not disabled first.

I don't think there is a problem with my hard drive because it is new..........just installed it in January after the old one went bad.

Any ideas what this could be?

Cindy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,405 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 AM

Posted 27 March 2008 - 08:21 AM

Have you tried looking in Event Viewer for errors which approximate the times that you get these onscreen error messages?

What is the Event Viewer, and Should I Care - Ask Leo! - http://ask-leo.com/what_is_the_event_viewe...uld_i_care.html

If you find such, click on that line item for details and post them here...someone will try to help you sort it out.

<<The only thing is that since then I have noticed that I have trouble if my computer gets shut off and the wireless network is not disabled first.>>

Can you elaborate with some details re what happens? I guess that I don't understand why you should have to ever disable a wireless or cabled network.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users