Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Constant Loss Of Ie

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 geotan

geotan

• Members
  • 374 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 27 March 2008 - 04:46 AM

Good day to all you Gurus.
I am running a Dell machine with Vista Home basic.
For about 16 hours each day I have IE, YM, MSN and Windows Mail open. Every hour or so I lose the connection to IE, YM and MSN but not to Windows Mail.
When I do Diagnose and Repair, I get one of four messages.
1. Windows could not find a problem.
2. Turn off the TCP setting that is not compatible with your router.
3. Turn on TCP performance settings.
4. Reset network adapter LAN.
Sometimes the repair will work but most times not and it can take up to half hour to get reconnected.
Any help, in simple terms, would be appreciated.
Thank you for your time,
GEORGE.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 geotan

geotan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 374 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:02 PM

Have I stumped the Gurus after all the invaluable help they have given me on previous ocassions???

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 PM

Posted 01 April 2008 - 06:15 AM

There's not a whole bunch to go on here. I wonder if there's an incompatibility between your router, modem, or your ISP and your computer. Most often I've seen this due to problems with the DHCP Broadcast Flag or with IPv6.

Not knowing a whole bunch about networking beyond this, I'm moving your post to the Networking forum to see if you can get some more expert help.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 mawood1231

mawood1231

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 PM

Posted 01 April 2008 - 12:21 PM

I had almost the same problem, but I had to turn off my computer to get it started back up. Mine would go off 3 or 4 times a day. Someone told me to change my computer to where it would never go to sleep. It worked and I haven't had any trouble with it. Go to Control panel - power options - then recommended settings. Click on change plan settings. Change put computer to sleep to never. I also changed the display to never also, just to be on the safe side. I hope this works for you.

#5 geotan

geotan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 374 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2008 - 12:34 PM

Mawood 1231,
Thank you for replying, butmy computer is already set up that way.

#6 geotan

geotan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 374 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2008 - 04:32 PM

Since my last post things have worsened. I now lose my connection every 5 minutes. Sometimes as soon as I do a repair and get the Internet etc back I lose it again. This has to be something to do with Vista as it does not happen on an XP machine.
GEORGE.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users