Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bluetooth Missing From Devices/control Panel

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jspsni

jspsni

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 26 March 2008 - 04:06 PM

Hello! I was trying to use bluetooth to synch my Blackberry Perl phone with my Dell Desktop running Win XP SP2. After reading info on the Blackberry site about why their software would not allow me to enable a bluetooth connection, I uninstalled the Widcomm bluetooth software from the add/remove programs from the PC. The Blackberry site said that I could only synch wirelessly if the MS bluetooth stack was in control.

Now that I uninstalled the Widcomm software, I don't have bluetooth in the control panel or the devices listing. I tried to
scan for new devices, but no bluetooth.

It's funny though, I am using a bluetooth mouse and keyboard, and they are working fine. I cannot, however, pair my phone anymore.

Any help would be great! Thanks!!!

Jill

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ///

///

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:38 PM

Can you download it for free at the site of that program?

#3 jspsni

jspsni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 26 March 2008 - 06:47 PM

No...I need to have the MS bluetooth stack in control of my bluetooth services. There isn't anything to download...I just
need help to figure out how to get it back!

Thanks.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 26 March 2008 - 06:56 PM

Take a look at thesetwo
http://www.valhallachat.com/
http://www.windowsdevcenter.com

Edited by garmanma, 26 March 2008 - 06:57 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users