Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Downloader.mislead.app

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 stuck1

stuck1

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 AM

Posted 26 March 2008 - 12:54 PM

norton identified this virus in my sons computer. anytime i try to get close to erasing any of the cookies with any spyware the computer shuts off. i deleted ie7 and reloaded it but problem hasnt gone away. this is my first time on any forum so i dont know how to upload hijackthis results.

actual norton info was: (vga6p_0001_n122m2802netinstaller.exe)inside 0f[c:\documentsand settings\emiliojr\localsettings\temporaryinternetfiles\content.ie5\8oulrodh\install_en[1].cab

Edited by stuck1, 26 March 2008 - 01:10 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 AM

Posted 26 March 2008 - 04:25 PM

Let's clean out your temporary internet files:
Close all open windows before we start.
Go to Start | Control Panel | Internet Options | General.
Click the Delete Cookies button.
Next to it, click the Delete Files button.
When prompted, place a check in: 'Delete all offline content', click OK

If you have Firefox installed, we need to clean out these temporary files as well:
Go to Tools | Options.
Click Privacy.
Press the Clear button located to the right of each option (History, Cookies, Cache).
Click OK to finish, before closing it.
Alternatively, you can clear all information stored while browsing by clicking Clear All.
A confirmation dialog box will be shown before clearing the information.

Now we'll clean other temporary files and your Recycle Bin:
Go to Start | Run | type: cleanmgr | OK.
Let it scan your system for files to remove.
Make sure 'Temporary Files', 'Temporary Internet Files', and 'Recycle Bin' are the only things checked.
Press OK to remove them.

Please let us know if the problem persists.

If you are pleased with the service I have offered, you may like to consider making a donation. Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 stuck1

stuck1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 AM

Posted 27 March 2008 - 08:55 AM

thx rookie 147. i had tried everything you mentioned but when it got close to the temporary files or cookies it would shut off. i finally cracked it by installing malwarebytes.com which was able to eliminate them without shutting off. however im concerned whether there is something else because hijack this is still identifying many files.

#4 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 AM

Posted 27 March 2008 - 04:32 PM

What do you mean that HijackThis is still identifying many files; many malware files? HJT lists both good and bad entries, but I think you should get it checked out by one of our experts. Do not post your log here, but instead use our HijackThis Logs and Analysis Forum.

If you are pleased with the service I have offered, you may like to consider making a donation. Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users