Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Do I Add Startup Programs To The List In Vista?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TechniMan

TechniMan

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 PM

Posted 26 March 2008 - 11:05 AM

In Vista, I can't see how I add startup programs to the list.
Can anyone give me any pointers?
there are 10 types of people: those who understand binary, and those who don't

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 PM

Posted 26 March 2008 - 04:42 PM

Hi, do you mean adding something to the startup folder? or to someones profile so they get a desktop icon ect.
MCP
MSDST

#3 TechniMan

TechniMan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2008 - 11:11 AM

hi
i mean, if you go run>msconfig, and then to the 'startup' tab it lists all the programs that windows will automatically boot when you log on. so i want to know how you can add programs to that list

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 AM

Posted 28 March 2008 - 03:51 PM

There's several ways to do this. The most common is to add a shortcut to whatever you're trying to add into the Startup folder in the All Programs folder. You can access that by going to Start and clicking on All Programs, then scroll down to the Startup folder.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 TechniMan

TechniMan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2008 - 08:38 AM

oh, ok - thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users