Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Buying A New Monitor

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fritz171

fritz171

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 AM

Posted 26 March 2008 - 10:46 AM

Hi to all. I'm going to buy a new lcd monitor( a Acer X193W+BD) to replace my old CRT. My question is will this monitor work well with my current computer ( a Dell dimension 3000 running windows XP W/ integrated intel extreme graphics 2?? Can I just plug and go?? Thanks . Fritz

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Lucky23

Lucky23

• Members
  • 304 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2008 - 11:26 AM

As long as it has a vga output it should work fine. I would make sure if it has DVI input for the future. Also with the integrated graphics and VGA you normally cant run as high of resolution so if you got a graphics card with DVI output and if the monitor has DVI then you will be able to get much higher resolution.
Centurion 5 Case~GA-P35-DS3L Rev2.0~E6550~EVGA 8800GS~3GB GSkill~Cooler Master 650 PRO~Seagate 320GB SATA II~ 2 ASUS 20X Burners~Sound Blaster Audigy SE~ZeroTherm CF900~Acer 22" P221W

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 AM

Posted 26 March 2008 - 11:27 AM

Hmm...looking at the specs, it appears that you get a DVI cable and a VGA cable with the monitor, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16824009127

I'm still using CRTs so I can't say for sure but wait for some input from someone with an LCD monitor.

Louis

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2008 - 06:37 PM

Check your resolution capabilities of your Graphics card. The display hamluis linked to has a Recommended Resolution (AKA Native Resolution) of 1680 x 1050. If not you may want to look into getting a inexpensive video card. Your Intel graphics chip does support flat panel displays and resolutions up to 2048 x 1536 BUT may not support a wide screen monitor at 1680 x 1050.

Edited by Sneakycyber, 26 March 2008 - 06:37 PM.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users