Hi and welcome to bleeping computer.
I have read your situation and it seems that the stubborn aolshcpy.dll file doesn't want to be deleted. I know that some AOL files install much more than what you requiered. To me I think as if it was a spware because it does things that you don't know so it may be bad or good. I don't think you need to change the name of the exsisting file. If you want to remove it please download unlocker it will help you delete files cannot be deleted. Here is the unlocker download link:Unlocker download
Once you have downloaded Unlocker unto your desktop
please follow the following instructions:
- Download onto your desktop double click the file to start the setup
- Continue to click Next until you see the choose component sections
- put a checkmark on: check for updates, explorer extension and assisstant
- Now click install and when it's finish click finish
- Now go back to the file you were trying to delete
- delete it and if it still says cannot delete then Unlocker should automatically appear
- Once you see Unlocker appear, at the bottom click unlock
- Now try deleting the file again it should work properly now
Edited by extremeboy, 25 March 2008 - 06:52 PM.