Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Has Happened To My Shortcut Icons?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 richie78

richie78

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:13 PM

Boy, I am really puzzled about what is happening on my ME operating system computer. When I booted up today all of my on screen shortcut icons were normally displayed. just a short while ago I wanted to go to an EXCEL file that I use frequently, and found the its shortcut Icon had been changed to a "CMS" icon. When I click on the shortcut, I get a message that the file can't be found. Each and every one of my Excel data files have saved in various directories have had the file Icon changed to the "CMS" icon. None of my Excel data files open on clicking, I receive the error message each time. However, when I open the basic Excel program itself and then select the file to open using the File menu, the file will open normally with out any problem. This problem with the shortcuts occurrs under each Excel version, ie, the 1997 or 2000 versions.

I don't know how or why this change to the "CMS" icon occurred, and am a little concerned . Anyone have any suggestions?

richie

Edited by richie78, 25 March 2008 - 05:42 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users