Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trying To Copy Files From One Computer To Another

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jeremy James

Jeremy James

• Members
  • 306 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 PM

Posted 25 March 2008 - 02:30 PM

I borrowed a friend's laptop, which has a lot of teaching on it that I wish to copy to mine(perfectly legal, by the way.) Here are the facts..

My computer is a desktop, my friend's is a laptop. I have a regular ethernet cable and a USB a-a cable.
I don't know what folder the teachings are on, but they are all loaded into Windows Media Player.
I am concerned about the teachings playing in the right order. In other words, I am looking at her list now, and each title is broken down, for example, Bill Johnson. If I click on Bill Johnson, I will see all of his CDs on the computer, and each of them are labeled Track 1, Track 2. How do I transfer them, and keep them flowing in the right order? Eventually, i want to get an Ipod or other MP3 player, and transfer them in batches and listen to them on the road. Am I making any sense?

Also, how do I deal with 2 different artists having Track 1, Track 2? Will the computer keep them in order?

I also have at my disposal a 12 GB usb drive.

Jeremy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 AM

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:24 PM

Hello,

By far the easiest way to transfer the files is by using the flash drive. you could set up sharing folders and link them via the ethernet cable, but as you have the flash drive, it would be easier. If you open up media player and right click on a track, there will be an option to 'open file location', this will take you to where the folder is stored.

Make sure you keep them in their original folders, otherwise they will overwrite each other. The computer will keep files in alphabetical order, unles you choose to specify another method, right click and arange by, size, name, type.
Regards,

Alan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users