Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello! New Here, Making Introduction....

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Chuck Harding

Chuck Harding

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 PM

Posted 25 March 2008 - 12:30 PM

Found this forum while researching how to fix the Win XP Stop 8e error I started having. I will be posting more about it in the appropriate section. About me: I started working in computers in 1972 when I was assigned as a maintenance technician on the
second generation AN/FSQ-31V "mainframe" system which was part of the US Air Force SAC Automated Command Control System (see the wikipedia articles on these ancient systems, parts of which I wrote). I did that from 1972 through 1976 then when the Q-31 was decommisioned as it was being replaced by WWMCCS, I (in)voluntarily cross-trained into the Satellite Command and Control (DMSP) career, and was stationed at one of the remote sites near Fairchild AFB, WA for 2 years. I was then re-assigned to the headquarters for the unit that operated the satellites, and worked as a telemetry analyst, technical training instructor, and telemetry analysis software programmer. It was while in the last job I became acquainted with the Telos Computing Company of Santa Monica, CA, and when I decided to separate from the Air Force in 1981, landed a job with Telos working on the project to upgrade the ground station computers for DMSP. After that stint, I worked for a couple of different aerospace companies in Southern California. When the aerospace industry went through a slump in the 90s, I packed up the family and moved back to the San Francisco Bay area, where my wife & I had grown up. I got jobs as a programmer working on industrial inspection systems, telecom equipment, at a .com company (egreetings.com), and at an online stock portfolio management and reasearch company. I finally landed a job at my current location, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, working in the High Performance Systems Division as a developer on a resource management system for a couple of years. I am currently working in the Operations Group, both as an operator and as a developer. My experience with personal computers began back at the beginning, when the first home systems came out - I got a Vic-20 and figured out how to program it in assembly language, so I could write educational games for my children. I started building PCs when the first third party components became available - also one of the jobs I had was designing and prototyping a "universal" peripheral drive tester that was based on a PC-XT type motherboard, Herculese graphics card, and the Digital Research Inc. GEM graphical environment. I've done beta testing for Microsoft, for Windows 95, 98, and XP. Whew! That's a lot! If you want to know any more about me, my family website is at http://www.harding-family.org - oh yeah, along the way I've become pretty well versed in many programming languages on many different platforms and operating systems. My resume on my website lists most of them. Anyway, that's enough for now - any questions or comments can be sent to me via this forum. Any complaints or flames can be sent to /dev/null.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpySentinel

SpySentinel

• Staff Emeritus
  • 2,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 PM

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:27 PM

Hi Chuck Harding, :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer.

Simply create a new topic in the appropriate forum and the members & Staff here will help you with your problem.

Please check out the New User Orientation section to help get familiarized with how the board works.

There is also a really good Tutorials section that has lots of useful information.

Again, Welcome to Bleeping Computer, a friendly user community. We hope your stay here is enjoyable.
Posted Image
Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators

Posted Image

My help is always free, but if you can, please Posted Image to help me continue the fight against malware.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users