Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Desktop Just Crashed

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 q28

q28

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 PM

Posted 25 March 2008 - 06:28 AM

please, somebody help, a while ago, i installed crypltload and net framework, at first it works fine then after a couple of hours, my pc just stop working and there's a blue screen appears it says theres something problem and theres some numbers (i dont whats that mean), so i restarted my pc many times but it didn't go through the windows, but sometimes it will, it will for around 5 minutes then it will stop working again..eventhough i will log in safemode.
please anyone help me with this. is this caused by virus?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 25 March 2008 - 06:45 AM

What are the numbers that it shows on the blue screen?
BSOD
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 q28

q28
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2008 - 07:09 AM

i can't get through windows anymore, you know the windows xp when loading with the black screen, and it will restar over and over again. i can't recall if theres a BSOD there.

#4 q28

q28
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2008 - 07:23 AM

i search the net regarding BSOD, and yeah it is BSOD appeared in my screen

#5 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 AM

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:32 PM

Can you log on to windows in Safe mode? When rebooting press F8 repeatedly until the boot options menu appears or your computer yells at you to stop pressing the F8 key (It will beep rather loudly) :thumbsup: .
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#6 q28

q28
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2008 - 03:09 AM

Can you log on to windows in Safe mode? When rebooting press F8 repeatedly until the boot options menu appears or your computer yells at you to stop pressing the F8 key (It will beep rather loudly) :thumbsup: .

i can't log on even on safe mode..
i tried to install a new windows XP, but it says i have no hard disk to install.
and this BSOD appeared again

it say "the problem seems to be caused by the following file: setupdd.sys
page_fault_in_nonpaged_area"

and below "technical information
stop: 0x00000050 (0XE16A4EBO, 0X0000000, 0XF7597A8, 0X000000)
***setupdd.sys address F7597A8 BASE AT F7570000, DATESTAMP 41107C8F"

what is this? is it caused by my harddisk? is there still a remedy for this?
please help me..

#7 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 AM

Posted 26 March 2008 - 02:57 PM

When you tried the re-install did you do a repair install or a complete install, and did you choose to format the drive first? What kind of computer is this? You may need to run a drive diagnostic and see how the HDD is doing you can find the links to HDD tools here.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users