Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan.proxy.agent.dl infection

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Doccie

Doccie

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 19 March 2005 - 05:12 PM

Bottomline: I seem to be infected with a trojan called proxy.agent.dl that I can't seem to get rid off. However, I searched this forum and came up with this thread http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/top...gent/.dl-0.html so Sifumike, or any others that could help me, bear with me for a sec.

I am in a terrible situation I fear. I will try to explain as good as possible.

I recently got infected with a very stubborn infection. The infection placed a html on my desktop saying I was infected with spyware, blahblahblah, and I should do something about it. It also had a link to a site with several antispyware programs (topantispyware.com or something I think it was. However, I did not click on that link.)

Also, I had a dubious windowsXP warning appearing on the bottomrightside of my screen (you know, the little yellow triangle with the exclamation mark in it) saying

Warning! Your computer is at risk.
Spyware detected on your PC.
Windows did not find spyware protection on your computer // Which wasn't correct since I did have Adaware installed on my computer
Click to choose a recommended Spyware protection software

Unfortunatly, I made a mistake there I'm afraid. Because I clicked on it and it lead me to the site I mentioned above. At the bottom of the site however, there was a link called uninstalling. I followed that link and it lead me to a page that said this.

We apologize for actions of several our advertisers. We are investigating their promotion business.
We have prepared FreeClean desktop removal utility to help to fight with desktop advertisements of our site.

If you have problems with this site follow the next steps:

1. Download and run the clean program here // This link lead to a program called Clean.exe (4kb)
2. Reboot your PC
4. Install good antivirus soft and spyware remover.

Before running that program I ran Adaware, hijackthis and AVG. Many of the problems were gone (toolbars, startpage, ...) but the warning and desktop advertisement, along with a IE window popup of a fullscreen blue screen saying I am infected persisted.

At that point I ran the program called FreeClean and rebooted. (the program did not show as infected on avg and norton) Now... all my shortcuts on my desktop are gone and when I place one back, the computer places a duplicate on it there aswell. So I have two exact same shortcuts on my desktop. When I remove one of them, and then try to remove the other, it says it can't do that, because the file is not there.

I then ran another scan with BitDefender's online scanner and it turned up three results of which one could not be healed/deleted. This file was the ntddetect.exe file.So by now I am quite desperate and fear you guys are my last hope.

While I wrote this message I did another scan with hijackthis and this is the latest log. I really hope one of you guys can help me out.

Thx in advance

-----------------

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 23:05:10, on 19/03/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\TGTSoft\StyleXP\StyleXPService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\bcmwltry.exe
C:\WINDOWS\BCMSMMSG.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\AccessDirect\dadapp.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\AccessDirect\DadTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe
C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\Quickset.exe
C:\Program Files\D-Tools\daemon.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ntddetect.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\TGTSoft\StyleXP\StyleXP.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\MSIMN.EXE
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Dreamweaver MX\Dreamweaver.exe
C:\Program Files\WinRAR\WinRAR.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\Pieter\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$EX00.244\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.euro.dell.com/countries/be/nlb/gen/default.htm
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://www.skynet.be/search
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.fragland.be/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.euro.dell.com/countries/be/nlb/gen/default.htm
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.euro.dell.com/countries/be/nlb/gen/default.htm
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.euro.dell.com/countries/be/nlb/gen/default.htm
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName = Koppelingen
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BCMSMMSG] BCMSMMSG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\System32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DadApp] C:\Program Files\Dell\AccessDirect\dadapp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdateManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCMService] "C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDLauncher] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Dell QuickSet] C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\Quickset.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools-1033] "C:\Program Files\D-Tools\daemon.exe" -lang 1033
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ntddetect] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ntddetect.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_EMC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [ntddetect] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ntddetect.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [Srv32 spool service] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spoolsrv32.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [STYLEXP] C:\Program Files\TGTSoft\StyleXP\StyleXP.exe -Hide
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ntddetect] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ntddetect.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [Srv32 spool service] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spoolsrv32.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xporteren naar Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Sothink SWF Catcher - C:\Program Files\Common Files\SourceTec\SWF Catcher\InternetExplorer.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - %windir%\bdoscandel.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v8 - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - %windir%\bdoscandel.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Sothink SWF Catcher - {E19ADC6E-3909-43E4-9A89-B7B676377EE3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\SourceTec\SWF Catcher\InternetExplorer.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sothink SWF Catcher - {E19ADC6E-3909-43E4-9A89-B7B676377EE3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\SourceTec\SWF Catcher\InternetExplorer.htm
O16 - DPF: {5D86DDB5-BDF9-441B-9E9E-D4730F4EE499} (BDSCANONLINE Control) - http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/oscan8.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{37693B9A-3CDF-4B8E-A418-C81FA7A69DC1}: NameServer = 195.130.130.1,195.130.130.129
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.EXE
O23 - Service: dev4_423 - Unknown owner - C:\phpdev\Apache\Apache.exe" --ntservice (file missing)
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: StyleXPService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\TGTSoft\StyleXP\StyleXPService.exe
O23 - Service: WLTRYSVC - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 IMM

IMM

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2005 - 05:41 PM

Before you start, please unzip HijackThis to it's own folder somewhere.
The program will make backups in the folder it's run from.
These easily get lost in a Temp folder and are an annoyance on the desktop.

Can I ask why you are running Apache as a service rather than manually on this one?

Download PocketKillbox from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/spyware/KillBox.zip

Use Taskmanager (Ctrl-Alt-Del) to end these running processes if you can
(or use Process Explorer)

Run HijackThis again, push Scan and place a check mark next to the following items using your mouse.
Next, close all browser Windows, and push the 'Fix checked' button in HijackThis

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ntddetect] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ntddetect.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [ntddetect] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ntddetect.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ntddetect] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ntddetect.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [Srv32 spool service] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spoolsrv32.exe

Empty the TIF (Temporary Internet Files)
To do so use Control Panel > Internet Options(or right click the IE icon on the desktop and choose Properties)
Click Delete Files on the General Tab - place a check in the Delete all offline content box and then press OK

Unzip the kellbox you downloaded earlier.
Run it - choose Tools > Delete Temp Files and click OK

Still using Killbox - put a mark next to "Delete on Reboot".
Copy and paste each of the following files into the file name box, then click the red button with the X after each.
It will ask you if you want to reboot each time you click it, answer NO until after you've pasted the last file name, at which time you should answer Yes.

C:\WINDOWS\System32\spoolsrv32.exe
C:\Windows\NTDDETECT.DAT

-------some info
ntddetect.exe => http://fr.trendmicro-europe.com/enterprise...GENT.ML&VSect=T
spoolsrv32.exe => http://www.us.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/trojspyrea.html (you have a newer variant)

Post a fresh log after the reboot and some surfing so we can see if we got it

#3 Doccie

Doccie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2005 - 06:14 PM

That seemed to get rid of the Popups and warnings! :thumbsup: I still have the desktopshortcut problems though :flowers:

Aside that, I also get a message on startup stating that windows can't find the spoolsrv32.exe file, but that doesn't seem to hinder the proper functioning of the laptop at this point.

To get back on your question about apache. I recently installed EasyPHP, since I started learning PHP a while ago. I use apache to test my files on the local web.

And here is the latest log.

---------------------

Scan saved at 0:08:22, on 20/03/2005

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\msiexec.exe
C:\Downloads\hijackthis_199\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.euro.dell.com/countries/be/nlb/gen/default.htm
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://www.skynet.be/search
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.fragland.be/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.euro.dell.com/countries/be/nlb/gen/default.htm
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.euro.dell.com/countries/be/nlb/gen/default.htm
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.euro.dell.com/countries/be/nlb/gen/default.htm
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName = Koppelingen
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdateManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCMService] "C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDLauncher] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools-1033] "C:\Program Files\D-Tools\daemon.exe" -lang 1033
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xporteren naar Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Sothink SWF Catcher - C:\Program Files\Common Files\SourceTec\SWF Catcher\InternetExplorer.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - %windir%\bdoscandel.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v8 - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - %windir%\bdoscandel.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Sothink SWF Catcher - {E19ADC6E-3909-43E4-9A89-B7B676377EE3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\SourceTec\SWF Catcher\InternetExplorer.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sothink SWF Catcher - {E19ADC6E-3909-43E4-9A89-B7B676377EE3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\SourceTec\SWF Catcher\InternetExplorer.htm
O16 - DPF: {5D86DDB5-BDF9-441B-9E9E-D4730F4EE499} (BDSCANONLINE Control) - http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/oscan8.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{37693B9A-3CDF-4B8E-A418-C81FA7A69DC1}: NameServer = 195.130.130.1,195.130.130.129
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.EXE
O23 - Service: dev4_423 - Unknown owner - C:\phpdev\Apache\Apache.exe" --ntservice (file missing)
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: StyleXPService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\TGTSoft\StyleXP\StyleXPService.exe

Thank you very much for the help you've given me already.

Edited by Doccie, 19 March 2005 - 06:21 PM.

#4 IMM

IMM

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2005 - 06:30 PM

I guess we got some of it
Let's see if we can find the rest

Was there any other information in the error message ?

In HijackThis - use the Misc Tools section, put a check in "show minor sections" and then click "Generate Startuplist".
post that here

As well as the above - run Adaware
Download the free version of AdawareSE here:
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/
or here (alternate download location)
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download506.html

You need to be logged on as Adminstrator through the installation.
Install it by double clicking the downloaded file. (called aawsepersonal.exe at the moment)
It is recommended to use the default setting of "Protect anyone who uses this computer".

On the main screen of Adaware please look for the *check for updates now* link, just above the start button in the bottom right corner or you can click on the Webupdate button that looks like a globe icon at the top. Press * connect* to let it check for any recent updates. If any are found, please let it download and install them.

Configure your settings. Click the gear icon at the top. These are the recommended settings:

General Button
Safety:
Check (Green) all three.

Advanced Button
Logfile Detail Level:
All options under this should be checked (Green).

Tweak Button
Check (Green) the following:
Log Files
Include basic Ad-Aware settings in logfile:
Include additional Ad-Aware settings in logfile:
Please do not check (Green): Include Module list in logfile:

On your first scan, use the Full Scan (Perform full system scan) mode.

Let Adaware remove any *bad* objects found. Reboot your PC and scan again. Repeat this process until no more bad items are found. It may take several scans to clean everything, depending on the type of infections found.

---edit
I'm going to bet that when we search the registry later - it'll be a debugger ? (it's a wild guess)
Clean out the TEMP files with killbox as before and clean out IE's TIF as well

Edited by IMM, 19 March 2005 - 06:39 PM.

#5 Doccie

Doccie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2005 - 06:40 PM

It was quite a long discription, I will write it down next time it comes up. However, I think it was mainly about that one .exe.

This is the log I got from Hijackthis.

-------------------------

StartupList report, 20/03/2005, 0:34:57
StartupList version: 1.52.2
Started from : C:\Downloads\hijackthis_199\HijackThis.EXE
Detected: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
Detected: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)
* Using default options
* Showing rarely important sections
==================================================

Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE

--------------------------------------------------

Listing of startup folders:

Shell folders Common Startup:
[C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Menu Start\Programma's\Opstarten]
Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE

Checking Windows NT UserInit:

[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
UserInit = C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,

Autorun entries from Registry:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

BCMSMMSG = BCMSMMSG.exe
IgfxTray = C:\WINDOWS\System32\igfxtray.exe
HotKeysCmds = C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
SunJavaUpdateSched = C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\jusched.exe
(Default) =
DadApp = C:\Program Files\Dell\AccessDirect\dadapp.exe
SynTPLpr = C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
SynTPEnh = C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
UpdateManager = "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
PCMService = "C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe"
DVDLauncher = "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe"
NeroFilterCheck = C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
WinampAgent = C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
Dell QuickSet = C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\Quickset.exe
DAEMON Tools-1033 = "C:\Program Files\D-Tools\daemon.exe" -lang 1033
QuickTime Task = "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
Music Alarm Clock =
AVG7_CC = C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
AVG7_EMC = C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe

Autorun entries from Registry:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

STYLEXP = C:\Program Files\TGTSoft\StyleXP\StyleXP.exe -Hide
MsnMsgr = "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background

Enumerating Active Setup stub paths:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components
(* = disabled by HKCU twin)

[>{22d6f312-b0f6-11d0-94ab-0080c74c7e95}]
StubPath = C:\WINDOWS\inf\unregmp2.exe /ShowWMP

[>{26923b43-4d38-484f-9b9e-de460746276c}] *
StubPath = %systemroot%\system32\shmgrate.exe OCInstallUserConfigIE

[>{881dd1c5-3dcf-431b-b061-f3f88e8be88a}] *
StubPath = %systemroot%\system32\shmgrate.exe OCInstallUserConfigOE

[{2C7339CF-2B09-4501-B3F3-F3508C9228ED}] *
StubPath = %SystemRoot%\system32\regsvr32.exe /s /n /i:/UserInstall %SystemRoot%\system32\themeui.dll

[{44BBA840-CC51-11CF-AAFA-00AA00B6015C}] *
StubPath = "%ProgramFiles%\Outlook Express\setup50.exe" /APP:OE /CALLER:WINNT /user /install

[{7790769C-0471-11d2-AF11-00C04FA35D02}] *
StubPath = "%ProgramFiles%\Outlook Express\setup50.exe" /APP:WAB /CALLER:WINNT /user /install

[{89820200-ECBD-11cf-8B85-00AA005B4340}] *
StubPath = regsvr32.exe /s /n /i:U shell32.dll

[{89820200-ECBD-11cf-8B85-00AA005B4383}] *
StubPath = %SystemRoot%\system32\ie4uinit.exe

[{89B4C1CD-B018-4511-B0A1-5476DBF70820}] *
StubPath = C:\WINDOWS\System32\Rundll32.exe C:\WINDOWS\System32\mscories.dll,Install

Shell & screensaver key from C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM.INI:

Shell=*INI section not found*
SCRNSAVE.EXE=*INI section not found*
drivers=*INI section not found*

Shell & screensaver key from Registry:

Shell=Explorer.exe
SCRNSAVE.EXE=C:\WINDOWS\System32\LOGON.SCR
drivers=*Registry value not found*

Policies Shell key:

HKCU\..\Policies: Shell=*Registry key not found*
HKLM\..\Policies: Shell=*Registry value not found*

Checking for EXPLORER.EXE instances:

C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.exe: PRESENT!

C:\Explorer.exe: not present
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer\Explorer.exe: not present
C:\WINDOWS\System\Explorer.exe: not present
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Explorer.exe: not present
C:\WINDOWS\Command\Explorer.exe: not present
C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\Explorer.exe: not present

Checking for superhidden extensions:

.lnk: HIDDEN! (arrow overlay: yes)
.pif: HIDDEN! (arrow overlay: yes)
.exe: not hidden
.com: not hidden
.bat: not hidden
.hta: not hidden
.scr: not hidden
.shs: HIDDEN!
.shb: HIDDEN!
.vbs: not hidden
.vbe: not hidden
.wsh: not hidden
.scf: HIDDEN! (arrow overlay: NO!)
.url: HIDDEN! (arrow overlay: yes)
.js: not hidden
.jse: not hidden

Enumerating Browser Helper Objects:

(no name) - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3}
(no name) - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890}

Enumerating Download Program Files:

[QuickTime Object]
InProcServer32 = C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTPlugin.ocx
CODEBASE = http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab

[BDSCANONLINE Control]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\DOWNLO~1\oscan8.ocx
CODEBASE = http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/oscan8.cab

[Shockwave Flash Object]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\System32\macromed\flash\Flash.ocx
CODEBASE = http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwa...ash/swflash.cab

Enumerating Windows NT/2000/XP services

Omgeving voor AFD-netwerkondersteuning: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\afd.sys (autostart)
Windows Audio: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
AVG7 Alert Manager Server: C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe (autostart)
AVG7 Update Service: C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe (autostart)
AVG Network Redirector: \??\C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\avgtdi.sys (autostart)
Intelligente achtergrondsoverdrachtservice: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Computer Browser: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Creative Service for CDROM Access: C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.EXE (autostart)
Services voor cryptografie: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
dev4_423: "C:\phpdev\Apache\Apache.exe" --ntservice (autostart)
DHCP Client: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
DNS Client: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService (autostart)
drvnddm: system32\drivers\drvnddm.sys (autostart)
Service voor het rapporteren van fouten: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Event Log: %SystemRoot%\system32\services.exe (autostart)
Fax: %systemroot%\system32\fxssvc.exe (autostart)
Help en ondersteuning: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
HID Input Service: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Server: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Workstation: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
LexBce Server: C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE (autostart)
TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalService (autostart)
AEGIS Protocol (IEEE 802.1x) v2.3.1.7: System32\DRIVERS\mdc8021x.sys (autostart)
PfModNT: \??\C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\PfModNT.sys (autostart)
Plug and Play: %SystemRoot%\system32\services.exe (autostart)
IPSEC-services: %SystemRoot%\System32\lsass.exe (autostart)
Protected Storage: %SystemRoot%\system32\lsass.exe (autostart)
Remote Procedure Call (RPC): %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost -k rpcss (autostart)
Security Accounts Manager: %SystemRoot%\system32\lsass.exe (autostart)
Task Scheduler: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Secondary Logon: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
System Event Notification: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Shell Hardware Detection: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Print Spooler: %SystemRoot%\system32\spoolsv.exe (autostart)
System Restore-service: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Windows Image Acquisition (WIA): %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc (autostart)
StyleXPService: "C:\Program Files\TGTSoft\StyleXP\StyleXPService.exe" (autostart)
tfsnboio: system32\dla\tfsnboio.sys (autostart)
tfsncofs: system32\dla\tfsncofs.sys (autostart)
tfsndrct: system32\dla\tfsndrct.sys (autostart)
tfsndres: system32\dla\tfsndres.sys (autostart)
tfsnifs: system32\dla\tfsnifs.sys (autostart)
tfsnopio: system32\dla\tfsnopio.sys (autostart)
tfsnpool: system32\dla\tfsnpool.sys (autostart)
tfsnudf: system32\dla\tfsnudf.sys (autostart)
tfsnudfa: system32\dla\tfsnudfa.sys (autostart)
Thema's: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Distributed Link Tracking Client: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Uploadbeheer: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Windows Time: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
WebClient: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalService (autostart)
Windows Management Instrumentation: %systemroot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
WLTRYSVC: %SystemRoot%\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE %SystemRoot%\System32\bcmwltry.exe (autostart)
Automatische updates: %systemroot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Wireless Zero Configuration-service: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)

Enumerating ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad items:

PostBootReminder: C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll
CDBurn: C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll
WebCheck: C:\WINDOWS\System32\webcheck.dll
SysTray: C:\WINDOWS\System32\stobject.dll

End of report, 12.305 bytes
Report generated in 0,190 seconds

Command line options:
/verbose - to add additional info on each section
/complete - to include empty sections and unsuspicious data
/full - to include several rarely-important sections
/force9x - to include Win9x-only startups even if running on WinNT
/forcent - to include WinNT-only startups even if running on Win9x
/forceall - to include all Win9x and WinNT startups, regardless of platform
/history - to list version history only

#6 Doccie

Doccie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2005 - 07:06 PM

This is the adaware logfile. I'm now running a second scan to see if anything else is on it.

------------------------

TRACKING COOKIE

obj[0]=IECache Entry : Cookie:pieter@webads.nl/
obj[1]=IECache Entry : Cookie:pieter@atdmt.com/
obj[2]=IECache Entry : Cookie:pieter@tribalfusion.com/
obj[3]=IECache Entry : Cookie:pieter@estat.com/
obj[4]=IECache Entry : Cookie:pieter@metriweb.be/
obj[5]=IECache Entry : Cookie:pieter@doubleclick.net/
obj[6]=IECache Entry : Cookie:pieter@beweb.com/

CLARIA

obj[7]=File : C:\Program Files\Common Files\GMT\8a1jzwrad0\gbaxl2.dat
obj[8]=File : C:\Program Files\Common Files\GMT\scripts\sitehash4.dat
obj[9]=File : C:\WINDOWS\GatorPdpSetup.log

------------------------

Also the warning about the .exe didn't show anymore, so that's good. My laptop however did froze up before I reached the loginscreen and the system started making a repetitive, fast tututututu-sound :thumbsup: After a reset that problem was gone though, let's hope it doesn't come back again.

My desktop's still broken though. Strange thing is... my shortcuts are still in my Documents and settings/Pieter/Desktop folder.

#7 IMM

IMM

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2005 - 07:15 PM

Interesting

This thing (I think I'm only seeing part of it)
Music Alarm Clock =
doesn't show in the normal log

Make a file called checkit.bat
Open that file in notepad to edit it and copy the following text in the quote box to the file - then save it

C:\windows\system32\reg.exe SAVE HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run c:\run.hiv

Double click on checkit.bat to run it and it should produce a file in the root directory (C:\) called run.hiv
Attach that to the next post using the browse to file button in the reply editor (don't paste it into the reply - it has some binary in it)

Delete the entire C:\Program Files\Common Files\GMT\ folder

#8 Doccie

Doccie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2005 - 07:25 PM

Normal users don't seem to be able to attach files :thumbsup: anyhow, I uploaded it to my webspace.

.zip file

Also, the music alarm clock is an application I downloaded a while ago. It's shareware I believe...

#9 IMM

IMM

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2005 - 07:36 PM

OK - I'll forget about that startup - it's just that I looked on google and found something with links all over it to windupdates :thumbsup:

If you haven't rebooted recently - do so and see if you catch an error msg. or the machine still doesn't behave correctly (you'll have to be my eyes)

If you do, we'll look deeper

#10 Doccie

Doccie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2005 - 07:49 PM

At startup everything seems fine, however I still have a problem with the double desktopicons :thumbsup:

Could it be that there is something wrong with a registryentry perhaps?

Anyhow, thank you VERY much for all your help, I was really desperate (especially since I'm on a deadline and this sort of thing always seems to happen in such a period :flowers:).

#11 IMM

IMM

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2005 - 08:00 PM

I actually hate those I have to come back to the next day - I forget what they were about :thumbsup:

Try downloading the TweakUI powertoy from
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloa...ppowertoys.mspx

After installing it - go to the repair section and use "Rebuild icons" - perhaps it will help

---- edit
That is assuming the US-English regional settings requirement doesn't turn out to be an iissue :flowers:

Edited by IMM, 19 March 2005 - 08:12 PM.

#12 Doccie

Doccie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2005 - 08:14 PM

Nope, didn't do the trick... :flowers:

Lol, I know the feeling... Same thing with me on actionscript boards. Especially when you get those PM stating "Hi, thx for your offer to help me, here's the file" which mostly ends up in searching through tons of threads to find out what the problem was :trumpet:

Anyhow, I've done some searching aswell, but didn't come up with alot...
One suggested reinstalling, the other moving files from one profile to another (tried that, didn't work either) and the last one I found didn't get an answer. It doesn't seem to be a widely known issue :thumbsup:

But once again, thx for your help. I don't think you'll find this good/fast support anywhere else round the world.

Edited by Doccie, 19 March 2005 - 08:28 PM.

#13 IMM

IMM

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2005 - 09:29 PM

You said it was a lapper - what are the odds that a hibernate file or partition is the issue?

chkdsk ?

I'm not sure what you mean by "double" icons
Are they in the same spot only slightly shifted or are they seperated on the desktop

I too am wondering about profiles

Search the registry for those filenames.
Delete the contents of the C:\Windows\Prefetch folder and reboot

I'm shotgunning now
I notice that you are running the intel drivers which have a logon notify and am wondering about the state of that key (permissions etc.)
I'd like to have a look - so
Download this ZIP file http://castlecops.com/zx/Zupe/Find%20It%20NT-2K-XP.zip and unzip the contents to a folder, then open that folder and double click on Find.bat.
It will run for a minute or three, then produce a log (ignore any File not found messages on the screen, it should continue anyway).
Please copy and paste that log here.

You can also try spybotsd - it does the registry offline in a slightly different fashion than adaware

Download Spybot - Search and Destroy
After installing, first press Online, and search for, put a check mark at, and install all updates.
Next, close all Internet Explorer windows, hit 'Check for Problems', and after SpyBotSD has completed it's scan push the 'Fix checked' button for all that it has automatically selected.

Edited by IMM, 19 March 2005 - 09:44 PM.

#14 Doccie

Doccie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2005 - 10:48 AM

The find.bat program does not seem to find the Strings.exe file, stating something like 'the specified path could not be found' (rather then file not found). After 10 minutes of so I just decided to close down the program... And I did run the program from a folder and not just the archive. :thumbsup:

I downloaded Spybot S&D and found 14 more problems (most of which are cookies, but there was one registryentry). Here's the log

DoubleClick: Tracking cookie (Internet Explorer: Pieter) (Cookie, fixed)
Alexa Related: Link (Vervang bestand, fixed)
C:\WINDOWS\Web\RELATED.HTM
Avenue A, Inc.: Tracking cookie (Internet Explorer: Pieter) (Cookie, fixed)
CoolWWWSearch.Smartfinder: Class ID (Register sleutel, fixed)
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{3F143C3A-1457-6CCA-03A7-7AA23B61E40F}
CoolWWWSearch.Yexe: Program directory (Directory, fixed)
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\services\
FastClick: Tracking cookie (Internet Explorer: Pieter) (Cookie, fixed)
WebTrends live: Tracking cookie (Internet Explorer: Pieter) (Cookie, fixed)

This is what I mean with double icons.
.jpg file

I create a desktopshortcut, I refresh and *poof* there's a second desktopshortcut on there. An exact copy of the one I just made.

Also, I don't know if this is of any help, but when I check my profile, Pieter/Bureaublad (which is 'Desktop' translated in Dutch), all my icons are still there. However, windows shows the icons that are in the map All users/Desktop (there is also a folder 'Bureaublad' with a few shortcuts for all users)

Could you clarify what you mean with chkdsk and which files you mean here. I know what chkdsk is, but have never done one myself and don't know how... :flowers: I'm guessing it's just start => run => chkdsk?

Search the registry for those filenames.
Delete the contents of the C:\Windows\Prefetch folder and reboot

Also, as far as I know my disk isn't partitioned, it is however possible that we are dealing with a hibernate file... Atleast if hibernate files are what I think they are. While scanning with AVG yesterday (before you solved my warningproblems), it cleared 4 viral infections from the system volume information folder.

Edited by Doccie, 20 March 2005 - 11:17 AM.

#15 Doccie

Doccie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2005 - 10:55 AM

It seems that downloading Spybot got me some more adware :thumbsup: I downloaded it off of download.com (your link didn't work here). And now my homepage is taken over by CoolWebSearch :flowers:

I've ran another scan with hjt, I'll post it here...

Also, on the side... would I run a smaller risk of infection if I used Opera for instance?

Scan saved at 16:53:41, on 20/03/2005

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://spyeraser.net/index.html
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll

Edited by Doccie, 20 March 2005 - 10:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users