Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgrading My Dimention 3100 For Better Wow Gameplay

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Septicethedoctor

Septicethedoctor

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 PM

Posted 25 March 2008 - 01:31 AM

I have been reading many ppl opinions on single vs duel Graphics cards. My system is about a year and a half old, Dell dimention 3100. I have upgraded to 2gb ram and untill recently when i changed servers on WoW the factory modle with more ram was sufficient. Playing primarily on a PVP relm has higher lag issues ect and i wanted to run at full graphix so im in the mood to drop some cash on a video card.

Dell Dimention DV051
Intel Pentium 4 3.06GHz
1.99GBRAM
Win XP
Current Graphics via onboard intel Chipset

Was wondering if one card of a specific variety was good enough or if it was more effective to go with two cards. Im currently studying to become a doctor and want a card with tv output for study/presentation purposes. Screen too Screen is also a personal requirement. Currently i have a 500 ish price allowence however i dont want to greatly surpass my current computer with and overpowered set of cards. If you have the time to respond your imput would be appreaciated.

If i havent left enough info for you to make a suggestion please inform me of what you would like to know.

Thanx for everyones help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 PM

Posted 25 March 2008 - 03:15 AM

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/syst...en/sm/index.htm

from what I see on this page, you can't really upgrade the video, there's no pci-e 16 slot

your onboard is as good as any old style pci card

You would be better off to sell that one and buy a computer that could be upgraded, your power supply is only 230 watts
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users