Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Linksys Repeaters + Macs = Self-assigned Ip Address!?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 JasonS

JasonS

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 AM

Posted 24 March 2008 - 08:56 PM

I have a large network spanning many computers (the users of which share the cost of the connection) and I'm having trouble with my Linksys repeater.
All the PCs on the network connect instantly, but the Macs going off the wireless repeater halfway down the hill are all giving me the same message: "AirPort has a self-assigned IP Address and may not be able to connect to the internet". I've tried restarting the network, renewing the DHCP lease, and a host of other things, and still the things won't connect right!

DETAILS:
Linksys router connected to directional antennae and one repeater sending the signal down the hill to a trailer on the property, whose owner uses said Mac. Terminal pings to the router are successful, so the antennae are not the problem. We've had issues with repeaters and macs before.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users