Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Clarifying "web's Size" Topic And Thanking.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 merellogalasso

merellogalasso

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 PM

Posted 24 March 2008 - 07:35 PM

1.- Many thanks to everybody who have helped me or tried to do it.-
2.- I am a very acquainted with PC management modest person (in this sense, for I am also a qualified MD).-
3.- The only one page that I have gotten with this trouble is www.salzburgerfestspiele.at, that's brand new. It seems that they builded it at a very high resolution.-
4.- The trouble consists in that, IN THAT PRECISE WEB PAGE, left and right sides appear concealed by both screen borders, BUT IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO SCROLL THE LEFT SIDE. THEN, THE PAGE CANNOT BE USED.-
5.- When rising resolution in the Control Panel>Screen, the problem gets fixed, but other pages appear in the center of the screen a little narrower. AND..., AND..., ICONS REMAIN PARADOXICALLY, SMALL AND IMPERFECT, FOR TASK BAR. ALSO, OUTLOOK 2003 CHARACTERS, IE AND MOZILLA BARS REMAIN SMALL.-
6.- It is obvious that I have managed every control is available in the browsers or the XP panels before asking help from BC.-

AND

7.- I already came back to the medium size resolution, considering that so, I get my icons normal again, and considering also, that I will not travel to Salzburg this year.-

MANY, MANY THANKS, REGARDS AND FRIENDLY SENTIMENTS TO ALL OF YOU.

Edited by merellogalasso, 24 March 2008 - 07:37 PM.

"There are atoms and vacuum; the rest is opinion"
(Democritus, several centuries before Hume and Kant)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 M...

M...

• Members
  • 386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 AM

Posted 24 March 2008 - 09:50 PM

Hello merellogalasso,

After your last post (the one above), my curiosity really got to me ... and you are correct in your observations about the problems on that web page.

I normally run my display at a resolution of 1024 x 768. When I go to the page in question, the following is what the display looks like. The Internet Explorer 7 window is not maximized, but does occupy nearly the full screen area. The horizontal scrollbar (at the bottom of the window) displays properly and functions properly -- and the web page is aligned to (starts at) the left of the IE7 window when the horizontal scroll bar is postioned at the leftmost side of the window:

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/180/sbf002cz8.png

I then switched my display resolution to 800 x 600 (where you had the problem). In the following screen snapshot, the horizontal scrollbar is also displayed and allows scrolling to the right (see red "A" arrow). At first glance, I thought everything functioned properly. Then I noticed that the left side of the IE7 window was NOT aligned to the left side of the web page, and the horizontal scrollbar would not allow the window to be scrolled "all the way" to the left to see the very left-hand part of the web page -- the leftmost part of the web page was truncated and could not be viewed (see red "B" marking):

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/7514/sbf001avd2.png

Indeed, it would appear that that particular web page was not designed to function 100% correctly at a display resolution of 800 x 600.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 AM

Posted 24 March 2008 - 09:54 PM

Original thread is now closed: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/137713/big-emergency-some-webs-appear-too-wide/

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 merellogalasso

merellogalasso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 PM

Posted 25 March 2008 - 07:31 AM

Thakns, "M", for understanding what's clear as watter.
Exactly!!!! I have just seen that the salzburger page has a wide resolution of 484 px, while other ones has arround 250 px, with common long values. The real paradox is that by rising the values in control panel, one gets a normal salzburger page, but some icons (task bar) remain small and blurred; and characters in IE, Mozila and Outlook 2003, remain small. Kind greetings and thanks
"There are atoms and vacuum; the rest is opinion"
(Democritus, several centuries before Hume and Kant)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users