Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 2K3 Group Policies

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tdaniels

tdaniels

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 PM

Posted 19 March 2005 - 03:30 PM

I have recently deployed 400 XP Pro Laptops over a WiFi network run under a Win2K3 domain. I have set up the group polices OK, but all the laptops had prior existing local accounts on them as they had previously been deployed without any controls. I want to achieve the following:

1. Over-ride local users so they are subject to group policies even when not connected to the domain (ie log on with cached domain settings)
2. Transfer existing MyDocs etc for local users into new MyDocs that relate to new user account on domain

without having to do this manually on each laptop.

Any suggestions would be very welome.

Ted Daniels

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,592 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 20 March 2005 - 07:57 PM

1. If you use cached logins it should still use the domain policy when log in to the domain account when not on the network. Read this post about how to harden the security of this.: http://securityfocus.com/archive/88/388879...22/2005-01-28/2

2. Your best bet is to extend the login script to move the files to the new my documents for the domain profile.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users