Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pci Device Problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Vox98

Vox98

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 PM

Posted 24 March 2008 - 05:52 PM

Hey everyone. I noticed recently after installing a new Hard Drive (SATA) that winamp no longer had sound when I run anything in it. Not the case with anything else though. I have sound, just not winamp. After some searching and scoping my computer I checked Device Manager and noticed the yellow question mark on "other devices">"PCI Device". Im not sure if this has anything to do with it, but im sure this can't be right anyway. The general properties displays:

Device Type: Other Devices

Manufacturer: Unknown

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver.
I have tried putting the motherboard cd rom in to see if the drivers could be reinstalled from there, but it doesn't seem to be as it won't install anything.

I really don't know what drivers they are talking about. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edited by Vox98, 24 March 2008 - 05:53 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 AM

Posted 24 March 2008 - 06:22 PM

In Device Manager, right click on the device in question and select Properties, then click on the Details tab, then on Hardware ID in the dropdown box. It should be in this format "PCI\VEN_4444&DEV_0016&SUBSYS_40090070&REV_01"

The 4 numbers/letters after the first _ are the Vendor ID; the 4 numbers/letters after the second _ are the Device ID.
Go to this website ( http://www.pcidatabase.com/ ) and enter the Vendor ID into the Vendor Search box. In the next page, click on the link for the vendor of that device. In the next page, search for the Device ID and let us know what it says.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Vox98

Vox98
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2008 - 07:38 PM

Vendor: 10DE is NVIDIA and device: 0371 is the 8 Channel High Definition Audio

I never installed the drivers for this as I am using an external sound option. I don't think this could be causing the problem in Winamp. I could be wrong.

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 AM

Posted 24 March 2008 - 07:47 PM

It may not be causing the problem with winamp but it couldn't hurt to try installing the driver.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 mme

mme

• Members
  • 400 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2008 - 08:40 PM

PCI card problem was resolved here
hope it helps you

http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?show...=152724&hl=

0 user(s) are reading this topic