Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Clevo 5620 Notebook Not Working

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Moosep85

Moosep85

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 PM

Posted 24 March 2008 - 05:11 PM

Hi folks, :thumbsup:
I have a clevo 5620 d series notebook that is running windows xp professional, and it will no longer boot up, the cd drive no longer works so I am unable to use the built in recovery console in windows. I will try to explain the symptons the best I can. Firstly when I press the power on button it tries to boot up, but only goes so far then it just freezes, occasionally it will let me press f8 and let me try to start in the last known good configuration, but alas again it just freezes, it will only allow me to do this 1 or 2 times, then it will not start at all. I think that some of the start up files are somehow missing or corrupt. As I said my cd drive is not working so I cannot use my xp disc to boot up. I would really like a little help in letting me know how to create a bootable floppy disc, and hopefully that will fix it, I have looked at various sites ie boot disc.com, but don't really understand how to create one. My windows xp operating system is installed on my d drive, and I have my c drive for other things. As I said any help would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks Moosep85

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users