Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Crashed

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 fnd

fnd

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 24 March 2008 - 04:20 PM

have a toshiba 5105s607. WinXP. I started having problems with it when the text seemed to start shaking(I was working in a photo program at the time), then pc went down. When I restarted I got a blue screen saying ...

" A problem has been detected and windows has shut down to prevent damage to your computer...check for viruses on your computer, remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is probably configured and terminated. Run chkdsk/f to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart.

Technical information
***stop : 0x0000007B (0xf8981524,0xc0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000)

I can't get into bios,nor can I run any checks..just stuck right here! HELP PLEASE!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 PM

Posted 24 March 2008 - 06:25 PM

Can you get into Safe Mode? Or have you tried "last known good configuration" from the Safe Mode menu?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 fnd

fnd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2008 - 06:31 PM

no, I can't get to anything

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 PM

Posted 24 March 2008 - 07:04 PM

Insert your Windows XP CD into the CD drive, and then restart the computer. Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD drive if you are prompted. When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you must access from the Recovery Console. When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.

Type: chkdsk /r

It's important to have a space before the "/".

To exit the Recovery Console and restart the computer, type exit at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 fnd

fnd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2008 - 08:39 PM

can't get that far...everything I do brings me back to the original message..can't get it to boot up.

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2008 - 12:29 AM

STOP 0x7b (shorthand for stop : 0x0000007B (0xf8981524,0xc0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000)) is an Inaccessible Boot Device error
Here's a link to a description: http://aumha.org/a/stop.php#0x7b

It states that it can be caused by drivers for the storage subsystem (your hard drives) or by malware.
I'd also suspect that a corrupt file system or a failing hard drive could cause this.

Toshiba's don't have a way to access the Recovery Console for their restore CD's (they're just a Ghost based image) - so you'd have to download a copy of the Recovery Console ISO to get into the Recovery Console ( http://www.thecomputerparamedic.com/files/rc.iso ). You'll have to use an ISO burner to burn the files to the CD in the correct order.

With my Toshiba you had to press F12 as it was booting in order to access the boot menu. On some it's a screen with 4 icons near the bottom and you use the arrow keys to cursor between them (looks the same as the boot screen - but has the underlines under the icons) - on others it's a traditional boot menu where you can select your boot device.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 fnd

fnd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2008 - 01:38 PM

Thanks, I did as you suggested, but no luck... :thumbsup: Guess I'll bring it somewhere and have a 'pro' look at it..Thanks again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users