Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen Of Death?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 PM

Posted 24 March 2008 - 04:08 PM

Hi, I'm not sure whether this title is called blue screen of death but i've heard people call it that.
This was the promblem when I was shutting down my computer, a blue screen came out and it started saying things like, if this is ure first time experiencing this please follow the instructions and it told me to restart my computer so I restarted it. The strange thing that i saw was it said starting to delete physical memory. It said finished deleting physical memory, without thinking I turned off my computer and turned it back on. I went to my C-drive and I found out that my space in myC-drive has decreassed by approximately 15 to 30MB. Can someone tell me what this is and how I can prevent this in the future?
Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,703 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 PM

Posted 24 March 2008 - 09:49 PM

Hello extremeboy,

Please respond to don77's question in your HJT thread here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/137791/hjt-log/ For the time being I am closing this topic. I will keep an eye on your HJT thread and if don77 says that the problem is not malware related, I will reopen this thread and move it to the XP forum where they deal with non-malware related XP Operating System issues.

Thank you,

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users