Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Emachine Freezes On "e" Logo On Start Up

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 msteele260

msteele260

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 AM

Posted 24 March 2008 - 03:18 PM

Hi i have an
emachine C3060( yes i know there's my first error right there )
AMD Sempron Processor
160 GB HD
NVIDIA Geforce 4 MX Graphics
512 DDR SDRAM

My computer was running a little sluggish so i rebooted my computer. I didnt go to start and turn off computer, i just pushed the button and turned it off. I turned my computer back on and it was stuck on the big "E" Logo and it shows the buttons F10 and F2 for the bios stuff...

So i turned off my computer and turned it back on and it still froze on the screen. I turned it off again and turned it back on and tried going through the bios stuff and neither one of those buttons work. So i get on my sisters computer and try to look up on how to fix it, and i saw someone else on this forum had the same problem i did. I did all the steps they told him to do and none of them worked.

I pulled out all the extra USB's that i had plugged in. But my mouse and keyboard are wireless and its a USB. So i just left it in. That didnt work. Then i went and got another keyboard that wasnt a USB, and it still didnt work... So i opened my computer, and saw it was dirty, and cleaned it out, that didnt work either. I have to sticks of Ram in there, i pulled 1 out and restarted my computer, that didnt work, so i put the other one in and that didnt work either... So its not the Ram... I looked at the capacitors and none of them seemed fried or anything...

I would really appreciate it if you guys could help me out... I dont know what else to do with it anymore (besides getting a different computer that's not an Emachine :thumbsup: )

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 helpingRocks

helpingRocks

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2008 - 04:09 PM

Maybe try taking it to a computer place or a place like Best buy, or Circuit City. Have them take a look at it

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,558 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 24 March 2008 - 04:14 PM

Have an XP CD?

If so, put it in...boot to Recovery Console (change boot options, if possible)...run the fixmbr command and see if that helps.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 24 March 2008 - 04:15 PM.

#4 msteele260

msteele260
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2008 - 05:18 PM

I cant do that hamluis, those keys dont work... the keyboard doesnt work

#5 ///

///

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2008 - 06:11 PM

I have a emachines too it works but is slow. Take it too an expert or circuit city or where ever you got it... try upgrading the ram a get a better processor. What happened exactly before why is it sluggish. Too many programs? Emachines are ment for using, browsing, typing, etc. Not downloading things that give you background programs :thumbsup: especially anti viruses firewalls and etc. What was on your computer??

#6 ///

///

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2008 - 06:16 PM

also when you said u have two sticks of ram and you pulled one out that only decreases the mem. . Get a bigger ram a better CPU etc. If that doesn't work go to a technician or someone who knows a lot about computers.

#7 msteele260

msteele260
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2008 - 10:22 AM

Yeah i had a few games on it and some other stuff, too... but yeah i guess ill just take it to circuit city and get it fixed...

thanks for the time and help guys.... appreciate it

Edited by msteele260, 25 March 2008 - 10:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users