- Contact us first to find out if a tutorial on a particular subject is available
to write about. I do not want people to write a tutorial and find out someone
was already writing it. You can find out if your subject is available by mailing
us at email@example.com.
- All tutorials should be grammatically correct and spell checked. Yeah I
know my grammar and spelling are sometimes bad, but I do honestly make an
- All information should be clear and concise with step by step instructions.
- All information must be worded in such a way that a complete novice can
understand it. Remember the purpose of this site is for people to be able
to get technology help in layman terms.
- The tutorial should be formatted in a structured way. If applicable there
should be a Table of Contents and separate sections. Each section should be
bolded and underlined. If there subsections under a section, it should be
bolded, but not underlined. Please use these guidelines as an example of the
format we would like here.
- When creating the table of contents use named tags in front of each section
and have the TOC links point to these named tags. To create a named tag you
would add before the word you
like to link to. Then in TOC your link would point to the tag like this Word. Note that the # is necessary.
- When creating your tutorial please do so in HTML. This will allow you to
create a more dynamic and visually appealing tutorial.
- If your tutorial contains pictures do not make them larger than 500x300
pixels wide. Pictures use up a lot of bandwidth so only use them if it is
necessary to illustrate a point. Try to use a format that uses up less storage,
such as gif's or pngs in some situations. If a smaller picture, and not as
clear, still serves its purpose use those instead of a larger one.
- Make sure you give yourself credit at the bottom of the tutorial including
your site if you wish.
- When submitting the tutorials, submit them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Both your html page and the images should be placed in a zip file that is
named appropriately with the subject of the tutorial.
- Include a text file in the zip file you submit that contains the name you would like to appear in the Author field as shown here, Tutorials Section. Also include the desired Title of the tutorial.