Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tutorial Submission Guidelines

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 AM

Posted 15 April 2004 - 11:57 AM

Tutorial Submission Guidelines Table of Contents Introduction Bleeping Computer is now accepting Tutorial submissions from its members. If you or anyone else you know would like to submit a tutorial that will be displayed in our Tutorial section please follow these guidelines. The author of the Tutorial will get full credit in the Author field as well as the ability to put their name/alias, credits, and web site at the bottom. Guidelines When creating your tutorial please follow these guidelines:
  • Contact us first to find out if a tutorial on a particular subject is available to write about. I do not want people to write a tutorial and find out someone was already writing it. You can find out if your subject is available by mailing us at tutorials@bleepingcomputer.com.
  • All tutorials should be grammatically correct and spell checked. Yeah I know my grammar and spelling are sometimes bad, but I do honestly make an effort :thumbsup:
  • All information should be clear and concise with step by step instructions.
  • All information must be worded in such a way that a complete novice can understand it. Remember the purpose of this site is for people to be able to get technology help in layman terms.
  • The tutorial should be formatted in a structured way. If applicable there should be a Table of Contents and separate sections. Each section should be bolded and underlined. If there subsections under a section, it should be bolded, but not underlined. Please use these guidelines as an example of the format we would like here.
  • When creating the table of contents use named tags in front of each section and have the TOC links point to these named tags. To create a named tag you would add before the word you like to link to. Then in TOC your link would point to the tag like this Word. Note that the # is necessary.
  • When creating your tutorial please do so in HTML. This will allow you to create a more dynamic and visually appealing tutorial.
  • If your tutorial contains pictures do not make them larger than 500x300 pixels wide. Pictures use up a lot of bandwidth so only use them if it is necessary to illustrate a point. Try to use a format that uses up less storage, such as gif's or pngs in some situations. If a smaller picture, and not as clear, still serves its purpose use those instead of a larger one.
  • Make sure you give yourself credit at the bottom of the tutorial including your site if you wish.
  • When submitting the tutorials, submit them to submit-tutorials@bleepingcomputer.com. Both your html page and the images should be placed in a zip file that is named appropriately with the subject of the tutorial.
  • Include a text file in the zip file you submit that contains the name you would like to appear in the Author field as shown here, Tutorials Section. Also include the desired Title of the tutorial.
Conclusion If these guidelines do not seem strict and you are still interested in writing a tutorial for this site, then we would love to incorporate them into our tutorial section. Bleeping Computer strives to provide a high quality learning experience for our members and we will not succeed without the generous help of people like yourself. Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you, Lawrence Abrams (aka Grinler) http://www.bleepingcomputer.com Source of Original Content, Tutorials, Support and Computer Basics for the beginning or novice computer user.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kalidonit

kalidonit

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 AM

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:40 PM

Thank you for this information.

#3 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:52 PM

I have a question.

I have many tutorials posted on other forums I'm on (I can prove that I'm the original author of these), should I just send the link to these to the form so you can read/examine them and tell me if I should modify them so they can be posted on BC ?

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#4 MrFlippers

MrFlippers

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:18 AM

Thanks for Posting This Information.

#5 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,717 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:07 AM

I have a question.
I have many tutorials posted on other forums I'm on (I can prove that I'm the original author of these), should I just send the link to these to the form so you can read/examine them and tell me if I should modify them so they can be posted on BC ?

Hi Aura,

Thank you for your generous offer. At BC we like to keep the guides unique to the site instead of hosting guides and tutorials that have been posted at numerous sites.

#6 YourFriend

YourFriend

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:44 PM

You did not explain what should be the minimum length of tutorial?

Thanks

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 AM

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:56 PM

That's because by following the guidelines, the minimum length will reveal itself based on the content you create. This isn't an assignment where we are looking for X number of words. You create the content. It either meets the guidelines or doesn't.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users