Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Edit Dvd-r Recorded Movie

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 GRAYmatter

GRAYmatter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 AM

Posted 24 March 2008 - 10:14 AM

Hello fellow board members and moderators!

I am a teacher who is trying to edit a documentary I recorded using a DVD recorder for presentation in my class. The DVD-R disk plays fine in my PC, but I need to edit the commercials from the recorded program.

Does anyone have recommendations to an easy to use video editing program, and if so, could someone briefly outline the steps on how to perform this task? I consider myself to be digitally savvy when it comes to understanding new applications, I just need a jump start of sorts in the right direction.

I certainly appreciate any help or suggestions the board community might be able to share with me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 12x48y

12x48y

• Members
  • 299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 25 March 2008 - 12:51 AM

Assuming that this falls under "Fair use" (Title 17)

I can tell you how I do it using Nero 6 Ultra Edition, and Screenblast Movie Studio. (Neither are free)

I use Nero Startsmart, > "Photo & video" >" Make Your Own DVD Video" > "Import Disc". Choose the drive that your DVD is in. Nero will now rip audio/video files from the DVD.
When it's finished, You should be able to choose titles from the "Import titles from Disc" feature. (If you set the chapters ahead of time)
Highlight the desired titles and click OK. This will rip the audio/video from the DVD to your hard drive. They should be an MPEG-2 format

Note:
If you don't get audio when you open the file in your editor, use Nero to export the file,

In NeroVision Express, highlight the video and click the "Edit Movie" icon.
At the bottom, click the "Export" button. Choose the "output file" (destination) for your video.
Click "configure" > "DVD Video" tab. Change the audio format from "automatic" to
"LPCM" click OK. Then click the "Export" button.

I open the video files in Screenblast Movie Studio to split the events and delete the unwanted footage. Tho, I suppose you could do the same thing in Nero.
Using the "Edit Movie" feature.

Then re burn the edited version to DVD.

I don't know of any free video editing software. Sorry.

Edited by 12x48y, 25 March 2008 - 01:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users