Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

List Of Pop-up Balloons?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Maimh

Maimh

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 PM

Posted 24 March 2008 - 09:26 AM

Hello there ^^

Yesterday I had a few problems with the computer freezing. At one point, just af the computer was turning on, I got a pop-up balloon, sadly I only saw it a second, not having time too read it fully, and I am very certain that it will help me to figure out my problem.

So, my question is, does anyone know a list of all Windows pop-up balloons?

I know that I will recognice the one I it got as soon as I see it. Being something about my USB ports.
"To hide a tree, use a forrest" -ninja kid

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 24 March 2008 - 10:18 AM

How about we approach this from a different angel. Would please look in the Event Viewer and post the error codes that are showing at the time that you are getting these pop-ups.

Start> right click on My Computer> Manage> Event Viewer. Be sure that you are looking at the System error records. The error will appear in the left margin, they look like a red dot with a white X inside. At the top of the columns there are titles for each, the Event column is the one that you want. When you find an error follow across to the Event column and right click on the number, choose Properties in the drop down menu, another page will open with a description of the error. Please post the error codes (the number showing in the Event column) and the descriptions.

Another thing to try is to use the Pause/Break key. When you start your computer put you finger on the Pause/Break key (it should be the last key in the top row if this is a normal keyboard) as soon as you see the message press the key and it should hold it so that you can read it. Please post what that message is exactly.

Edited by dc3, 24 March 2008 - 10:27 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Maimh

Maimh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 PM

Posted 25 March 2008 - 07:37 AM

Hmm, I did tjeck the Event viewer, but the first error code is from the 20th and my problem started the 23th.
Anyway, the code I found is 7011: Timeout (3000 milliseconds)while waiting for a transaktionanswer from the service stisvc.

Though I haven't had any problems since. I re-created the system (sorry if that makes no sense, I am danish, and not sure of the correct english term ^^;)
used the diskfragmention, and scanned the computer.
Af few times I heard the sound that occurs when I remove/inset my USB-mouse, and it would freeze a millisecond, otherwise nothing else.

Thanks for the quick answer ^^
"To hide a tree, use a forrest" -ninja kid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users