Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Files And Settings Transfer Wizard/fastconv Issue.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RichDD

RichDD

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 PM

Posted 24 March 2008 - 08:41 AM

I am having the same issues. I saved my files, and settings to upgrade my computer. Saved them to a USB External drive, 160GB drive using Files and Settings Transfer Wizard.

When I installed the new hardware, (video card, and Ram), I found that Windows was very uncoroperative. So I reinstalled XP with SP2, and attempted to apply my Files and settings from the USB drive.

To no avail. Then I updated the Files and settings transfer wizard. Again no go.

At the request of Microsoft, I have tried multiple times to convert the .DAT files and now Im getting error messages.

When I run rmv2opq I get error 5, and sometimes error 2. Does anyone know what these errors are? I have looked, and so far have not found any solutions.

At the request of hamluis, I started this thread.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rich D.

Edited by RichDD, 24 March 2008 - 08:44 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,358 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 PM

Posted 24 March 2008 - 09:11 AM

How are you trying to access the rmv2opq? Are you using the command prompt " rmv2opq /S: /D:" (without the
quotation marks)?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 RichDD

RichDD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 PM

Posted 24 March 2008 - 10:27 PM

Yes.
Start/ CMD
cd:\
c:\"folder"\rmv2opq /s:Folder /d:C:\restore

Look right?

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,358 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 PM

Posted 24 March 2008 - 10:37 PM

That's looks right to me. This is a little out of my normal venue, but I found a post at another site that looks pretty comprehensive. If you would like to check it out try this.

Edited by dc3, 24 March 2008 - 10:37 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users