Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor Switching Off

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 arakan96

arakan96

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 PM

Posted 24 March 2008 - 01:01 AM

Hi there, I m having a Pentium 4 System with 80Gb harddisc and 256mb ram and the operating system is XP professional from the last 2Year. From the last two months i m having a problem of my monitor getting switched off after an hour or so but the cpu power is on. I have to rebooot the system everytime to get my operating system back in working condition. any suggestions or remedies will be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 24 March 2008 - 01:06 PM

It might be the video card/chip instead of the monitor. Does the LED on the monitor remain green when it goes black? Best way to tell is to try and borrow another monitor
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 ///

///

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 24 March 2008 - 06:56 PM

Minimize everything or click show desktop on the Quick launch then Try right clicking then go to properties-> screensaver-> monitor power-> Power-> turn off monitor... then change it to whatever you want... if you still have a problem get a new monitor or follow garmanma. :thumbsup:

Edited by ///, 24 March 2008 - 06:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users