Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Frontpage 2002 Error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 onalandline

onalandline

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 PM

Posted 23 March 2008 - 05:06 PM

I have a website that I maintain that was created with Frontpage 2002 on an XP OS. I just updated it, but now I have a few "hover buttons" that do not work. They are linked correctly, and the files are intact that they link to, but when I preview my work within frontpage, it tells me either that there is some script error or a runtime error. The "hover buttons" do not show anything and are not useable. I've had problems before with Frontpage 2002, but this one has stumped me. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Support Our Troops!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheNerd

TheNerd

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 PM

Posted 27 March 2008 - 03:28 PM

My guess would be that the HTML code on the back end is messed up. If you post the HTML here we might be able to help out.

Cheers!

#3 onalandline

onalandline
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 PM

Posted 27 March 2008 - 04:05 PM

Thanks for the reply. I already found out what the problem was. It turns out that certain elements of Frontpage are not supported anymore, such as the Hover Buttons I was using. I created an image and made a hyperlink to what I wanted these former hover buttons to link to. I'm not sure of the details, but I think some of this has to do with the Microsoft and Sun Java relationship. I was getting runtime and script errors. Oh well, I found a work-around. Thanks again.

Support Our Troops!

#4 TheNerd

TheNerd

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 PM

Posted 27 March 2008 - 04:10 PM

Thanks for the reply. I already found out what the problem was. It turns out that certain elements of Frontpage are not supported anymore, such as the Hover Buttons I was using. I created an image and made a hyperlink to what I wanted these former hover buttons to link to. I'm not sure of the details, but I think some of this has to do with the Microsoft and Sun Java relationship. I was getting runtime and script errors. Oh well, I found a work-around. Thanks again.

Glad you found a workaround. That's really all that matters :thumbsup:

I've never been a big fan of Frontpage because I've always had problems with it. I personally prefer Dreamweaver because you can more easily edit the code and design at the same time.

Cheers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users