Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Warning: Warning Spyware Has Been Detected On Your Pc

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 bnberthold

bnberthold

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 AM

Posted 23 March 2008 - 12:37 PM

My Computer all of a sudden this morning appeared with a blue desktop background with the message " Warning: warning spyware has been detected on your pc". It also produces pop-ups for the spymaxx product. I restarted my computer after running hijack now it doesnt boot back up and gets stuck on a black screen where all you see is the mouse. Please help! I want to get rid of the virus and fix the booting issue!

Mod Edit: Topic moved to more appropriate forum~ TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 23 March 2008 - 01:01 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gravyola

Gravyola

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 23 March 2008 - 12:45 PM

Hello bnberthold & Welcome To BleepingComputer.

When Your Computer Boots Up & Posts, Tap F8 (If Unsure When, Just Tap From Post Until You Come To The Menu*), *And You Will Come To A Menu Asking How You Would Like To Boot In to Windows. Select (Your Most Recent Configurations That Worked) And See If That Works. If It Gets To The Same Place, Do The Same Except Boot Into Safe Mode. Now If That Does The Same, I Can't Help You :flowers:, But I'm Sure Somebody Else On BC Can. :thumbsup:

#3 bnberthold

bnberthold
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2008 - 12:48 PM

Yeah it didn't work. I tried all the settings under F8 and came back with all the same results of black screen.

#4 don77

don77

Forum Regular

• Members
  • 3,212 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2008 - 12:49 PM

did you make any changes with HJT ?

#5 bnberthold

bnberthold
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2008 - 12:50 PM

NO. I added combofix due to a request to fix the virus issue, and ran it then it rebooted my computer and that's when it didnt start back up agian correctly.

#6 Gravyola

Gravyola

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 23 March 2008 - 12:55 PM

I Killed A Customers Laptop A Few Weeks Ago With ComboFix, Because I Didn't Know How To Use It. :thumbsup:

I Can't Really Help You, But I've Bookmarked This Topic, Just Incase I Kill Another Customers' PC With ComboFix. :flowers:

#7 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,958 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 23 March 2008 - 03:59 PM

Moderator note: I have removed posts concerning where to post replies for this issue. Please respond only to this thread - the only one remaining.

don77, can you confirm whether using system restore choosing a time and date just prior to using Combofix would resolve the issue?

bnberthold, ComboFix is an extremely powerful tool which should only be used when instructed to do so by someone who has been properly trained. ComboFix is intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert", NOT for private use. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.

Back to you don77,

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#8 don77

don77

Forum Regular

• Members
  • 3,212 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2008 - 06:02 AM

what OS are you running here ?

Just to be clear are you able to get to the menu screen that gives the various options ?

don77, can you confirm whether using system restore choosing a time and date just prior to using Combofix would resolve the issue?

Hard to say right now need to get a better understanding of exactly what went wrong

#9 curiousone

curiousone

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 25 March 2008 - 11:03 AM

i have the same problem. on my desktop it reads:
Warning: Spyware threat has been detected on your pc.
Your computer has several fatal errors due to spyware activity.
It is strongly recommended to install an antispyware software to close all security vulnerabilities.
Antispyware software helps protect your PC against spyware and other security threats.

and i recieve pop-up messages that say the same thing in different ways. sometimes a fake windows security center window opens all of them direct me to hxxp://livesecuritycenter.com/?aid=242 to buy SpyMaxx
i used winxp home with sp-2 and avast antvirüs (free version)

any help would be appreciated

Edited by quietman7, 25 March 2008 - 11:59 AM.

#10 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,470 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 25 March 2008 - 12:00 PM

Welcome to BC curiousone

Please do not post active links to possible malware sites. I have disabled the one you posted so others may not become accidentally infected.

If you have an issue or problem you would like to discuss, please start your own topic. Doing that will help to avoid the confusion that often occurs when trying to help two or more people in the same thread with different problems. Even if your problem is similar to the original poster's problem, the solution could be different based on the kind of hardware, software, system requirements, etc. you are using and the presence of other malware. Further, posting for assistance in someone else's topic is not considered proper forum etiquette.

Thanks for your cooperation.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users