Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Temporary Internet Files

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Rvan801

Rvan801

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 23 March 2008 - 11:59 AM

I downloaded a Word file online, but instead of saving it somewhere, I chose just to open it. I then made a bunch of changes, saved by pressing Ctrl-S, and exited. I've done this before, assuming that the file was gone. But does the modified Word file exist anywhere on the hard drive? Isn't there some folder where I could find the document with the changes I made? Thanks to whoever helps out.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 23 March 2008 - 12:14 PM

After you made the changes and saved it, where on the hard drive did you save it to?
That's where it should be. If you have no idea where it might be, and you know the name of the file, you could do a search for it. (Start menu/Search option)

#3 Rvan801

Rvan801
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2008 - 12:30 PM

That's the problem. I don't know where I saved it to, since I just pressed Ctrl-S. Also, the file was from a professor's web page, so I'm not sure of the exact file name. Where would the folder for temporary internet files usually be?

#4 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 23 March 2008 - 03:16 PM

Open Word, on the right side, you should be able to Open a Document, or perhaps click on More Documents.
This is where you will find your saved documents.

If you see a different menu, click on the arrow pointing down at the top of menu, and select New Document.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#5 ///

///

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2008 - 03:27 PM

Yes, it can be on recent files on word or go to drive C then documents and settings then click on your user name then go to local settings ( if this does not appear then go to tools then folder options and then view and show hidden files) then go to temp and try finding it there. OR go to search and type in the document's name and find it OR download it again :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users