Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Delete Installed Programs In "add/remove Programs"

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 PM

Posted 23 March 2008 - 11:32 AM

I have another computer, that is very old. The promblem that i'm encountering is that i cannot remove the programs from "add/remove programs" the i've installed. Can someone help me and tell me why?
Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 extremeboy

extremeboy
  • Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2008 - 08:27 AM

i fixed the promblem now
Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,993 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2008 - 11:37 PM

Hello extremeboy,

Can you tell us how you solved the problem? Others might benefit.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#4 extremeboy

extremeboy
  • Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:03 PM

This was how I fixed the promblem, I deleted the programs in the registry editor.
  • start>run>regedit
  • now click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/software/microsoft/windows/currentversion/uninstall
  • Now you will see alot of programs that you have installed
  • To delete the file right click and slect delete
Then I went back to the add/remove program and then i could delete the programs for some strange reason.

#5 don77

don77

Forum Regular

• Members
  • 3,212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 08 April 2008 - 10:33 PM

I m sure you backed up the registry before making any changes correct ?

You should always back it up whenever making any changes with in it

Go to Start > Run
Type:regedit
Click OK.
  • On the leftside, click to highlight My Computer at the top.
  • Go up to "File > Export"
    • Make sure in that window there is a tick next to "All" under Export Branch.
      Leave the "Save As Type" as "Registration Files".
      Under "Filename" put backup
  • Choose to save it to C:\ or somewhere else safe so that you will remember where you put it (don't put it on the desktop!)
  • Click save and then go to File > Exit.
This is so the registry can be restored to this point if we need it. It may take a minute. Just let it go until it's done.

#6 extremeboy

extremeboy
  • Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2008 - 03:01 PM

yes I've backed it up before I did any changes sorry that I didn't mention it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users