Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spybot won't remove this so how can I?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 QDog

QDog

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 19 March 2005 - 01:40 AM

I've searched the net for ways to get rid of this thing once and for all but no matter what I try to do SpyBot SD keeps coming back at me with this HuntBar thing that refuses to be dismissed.

Here's what I get:

HuntBar: Global settings (Registry key, fixing failed)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\BTIEIN

So where do I go from here?

Thanks,
QDog

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 PM

Posted 19 March 2005 - 02:39 AM

Try running Spybot in safe mode.

I addition to Spybot, I would also recommend using:

aČ free-a complementary product to antivirus software which is specialized in protection against harmful software. Antivirus software often features an inadequate protection against Trojans, Dialers and Spyware. aČ fills this gap.
Ad-Aware-A good program similar to SpyBot S & D.
SpywareBlaster-A good program that prevents spyware from being installed on your computer in the first place. This program is always running in the background, protecting your computer. It prevents the installation of bad active X controls found in web pages.
SpywareGuard-A nice compliment to SpywareBlaster. This allows you the option to prevent downloads that contain bad active X controls.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 19 March 2005 - 08:42 AM

If you using XP I'd go into safe mode with command prompt and type the following:

C:\progra~1\spybot~1\spybotsd.exe /autocheck /autofix

To run adaware in safe mode it's:

C:\progra~1\lavasoft\ad-awa~1\ad-aware.exe

Assuming you've installed these to your C drive.

How to get to safe mode with command prompt.

On Windows 2000/XP/2003

* Go to Start|Shut Down.
* Select 'Restart' from the dropdown list and click 'OK'. Windows will restart.
* Press F8 when you see the following text at the bottom of the screen "For troubleshooting and advanced startup options for Windows 2000, press F8".
* In the Windows 2000 Advanced Options Menu, select the third option "Safe Mode with Command Prompt".
* When requested, logon as local administrator.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users