Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Adventurer

Adventurer

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 PM

Posted 23 March 2008 - 06:20 AM

OK, when I open IE it's fine till I get my site, then a small screen comes up saying Internet Explorer encountered a problem and needs to close. Then it crashes and it all opens up again. I have to go back and open IE and start all over. Also, the same happens with other uses, but says Dr.Watson PostMortem Debugger encountered a problem and needs to close, AND COM Surrogate encountered a problem and needs to close. What's going on? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 lowtek_otc

lowtek_otc

• Members
  • 280 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2008 - 06:25 AM

Be sure you are up to date with all windows updates, visit www.windowsupdate.com

Also refer to this knowlege base from Microsoft after you have verified that you are up to date with all Windows updates:
How to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer in Windows XP

#3 Teenage.Zombiee

Teenage.Zombiee

• Members
  • 831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 23 March 2008 - 06:35 AM

Hi Adventurer

I suggest you read your Dr Watson logs as this will help us troubleshoot this.
How to read a Dr. Watson log

I also suggest you look for errors in the event viewer to.

Select Start > Admininstraitve Tools > Event Viewer.

Try and find the error logs for IE.

Teenage.Zombiee is back ! :halloween:

#4 Adventurer

Adventurer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2011 - 02:29 AM

HI and thanks... I will look at the DrWatson. But I must admit I did delete over 3,000 temp files that I thought was taking up a bit of space !! :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users