Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer Script Error

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ghostwriter

ghostwriter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 23 March 2008 - 05:44 AM

Hi,
Recently bought an Ipod and the instructions advise to visit the apple web site to download Itunes. I have tried to do so I keep getting the below IE script error.
This occurs when I try to access the site and wether I click on yes or no, the error message dissapears and the loading continues, but all I get is a blank page.
Also since I am using a laptop (which I rarely use to connect onto the net) I tried to downlaod an antivirus - Avast home edition).
The error message also popped up but allowed me to begin downloading the anti virus, only to get 5-8% loaded before disconnecting me from the server. Therfore again removing what was downloaded and starting again. Also I noticed that when removing the partial download it advised that some of the files were corrupted.

So currently I have no protection whatsoever. And am stuck between a rock and a hard place.
Has anyone got any ideas on what the error meassage is suppose to mean and how to possibly fix it? And how can I at least download antivirus software etc?

Not sure where to go from here but I'm sure it's something I have done :thumbsup:

INTERNET EXPLORER SCRIPT MESSAGE

Line 55
Char 46
Error 's_query'is undefined
Code 0
URL http:/search.aol.com.au/aol/search?
invocationType=topsearchbox.webhome&query=bleeping%
2520computer&rp=

Do you want to keep running scripts on this page?

yes no

Thanks

BTW - I just checked to see if the page had loaded as of yet and after 47minutes it was still blank......

Edited by ghostwriter, 23 March 2008 - 05:47 AM.

What you do in life does matter……Each choice and action you make has
consequences, good or bad. Which path will you take?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Teenage.Zombiee

Teenage.Zombiee

• Members
  • 831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 23 March 2008 - 06:37 AM

Hello :thumbsup:

What version of IE are you using?
Also do you have all the most recent windows updates?

Teenage.Zombiee is back ! :halloween:

#3 ///

///

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 AM

Posted 23 March 2008 - 03:02 PM

Maybe your IEs too old if it's not IE7 then It doesn't work anymore. Try ordering IE7 on CD or downloading it from another computer then save and copy it to Cd and run it. or try safari.

#4 ghostwriter

ghostwriter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 23 March 2008 - 05:48 PM

Hi Teenage Zombiee & ///,

From what I can gather I have version 6. Regarding the most recent windows updates - possibly not....Should I try to get the updates?

I dont understand why what is so hard as to download Itunes? Thats all I wanted to do and the laptop is much more recent then our desktop is.

Also I forgot to mention, that apprx 6 months ago, I had no problems in using the internet with the laptop and at that stage I did have antivirus software running. Since then I haven't bothered to use the net, as we had the desktop.

Would being one version out, cause so much trouble??

Thanks TZ & ///
What you do in life does matter……Each choice and action you make has
consequences, good or bad. Which path will you take?

#5 ///

///

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 AM

Posted 24 March 2008 - 10:44 AM

Yes, for some reason IE6 doesn't work anymore. I still would use a laptop. Desktops makes high energy bills. :thumbsup: Hope you downloaded IE7 and Apple's safari is for thing like itunes since it's apple.

#6 Teenage.Zombiee

Teenage.Zombiee

• Members
  • 831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 28 March 2008 - 03:56 AM

Hi Teenage Zombiee & ///,

From what I can gather I have version 6. Regarding the most recent windows updates - possibly not....Should I try to get the updates?

I dont understand why what is so hard as to download Itunes? Thats all I wanted to do and the laptop is much more recent then our desktop is.

Also I forgot to mention, that apprx 6 months ago, I had no problems in using the internet with the laptop and at that stage I did have antivirus software running. Since then I haven't bothered to use the net, as we had the desktop.

Would being one version out, cause so much trouble??

Thanks TZ & ///

To be honest I really recommend you update to IE7 from the Microsoft website if you don't have any problems downloading it. Or I have a better suggestion download a different browser completly.
Try Mozilla Firefox here or Opera here
By far the best two browsers IMO.

Good luck and let me know of the result.

Teenage.Zombiee is back ! :halloween:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users