Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Is Going On Here -- Windows Installer --

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 stroke

stroke

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:45 PM

Alright, heres whats going on, I think I may have caught a virus or something a while back, I did lots of things to try and fix it but, I think that all that ended up happening was that the file was just blocked.

Windows Installer is the issue here, At first it was trying to install microsoft office, so ended up deleting that thinking it would solve the problem but no, it just hopped on to something else to install.

Anyways heres what I'm seeing.
I did super anti spyware full scan a day or 2 ago, I went to work came back, and the thing was still scanning, 8-9 hours and nothing much really to tell me.

Is there a free ultimate scanner or something out there or am I going to have to mix and match different anti viruses and spyware cleaners.

Anyways here are the issues that I'm having with it at the moment.
I would try to go open user accounts, and then this would pop up
Posted Image

Now if I click okay or exit this would pop up.

Posted Image
Also when opening internet explorer or anything that has to do with explorer I think, even on services.msc it popped up.
Posted Image
Posted Image

I'm not sure if this is a software issue or a malware issue at the moment.
Also, how do I uninstall sygate firewall?
I can't even open it anymore and its still running.
I tried to uninstall but the windows installer issue makes things very difficult.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dmndmn

dmndmn

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 23 March 2008 - 12:55 AM

This is in reference only to your problem with uninstalling the SyGate firewall, but do not do so if you DO NOT HAVE a back-up anti-virus program, anyways, this program called FileAssasin should help you to remove the program.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/fileassassin.php

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users