Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Big Emergency Some Webs Appear Too Wide

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#1 merellogalasso

merellogalasso

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 PM

Posted 22 March 2008 - 07:49 PM

I am using my XP professional successfully with practically all web pages, through Mozilla and IE. Recently I got a Salzburger Festspiele's web too wide as impossible to log in or to complete the contact form (I sent them a mail in the case the page were bad). I have asked my daughter and some friends to open the page for me, and they "say" they get normal size images. It's very sorry for I was trying to buy tickets. Please be so kind to hep me, even to my personal e mail. Most kind regards and many thanks. This is the page, obviously: www.salzburgerfestspiele.at

Edited by KoanYorel, 22 March 2008 - 08:35 PM.
to remove email address to protect

"There are atoms and vacuum; the rest is opinion"
(Democritus, several centuries before Hume and Kant)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Juha

Juha

• Members
  • 512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 PM

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:00 PM

I haven't got an answer for you, but just to let you know it is not recommended for an e-mail address to be posted so as to avoid spammers getting hold of it!
I would advise you to go to the bottom right of the topic, click Edit ->Quick Edit -> remove your e-mail address -> Complete Edit

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:24 PM

I opened it with no problem, using Mozilla. Try clearing your history, temp files and cookies and try it again
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 merellogalasso

merellogalasso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2008 - 09:49 PM

Thanks a lot. I did the same, with CCleaner, that's really effective and I still get the same too wide web both through IE and Mozilla. What could be going on? Many thanks in any caso. Kind regards.

#5 merellogalasso

merellogalasso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2008 - 09:52 PM

I agree that people like us who are constantly in front of one of these beasts are masochist. And you should take this for grant for I am psychiatrist (not psychoanalist, "thanks God"). Regards

I opened it with no problem, using Mozilla. Try clearing your history, temp files and cookies and try it again

#6 merellogalasso

merellogalasso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2008 - 09:55 PM

I am not using any antispam at all. And how am I going to remove my address that's accepted worldwide included Bleeping Computer system as for sending your messages? Regards.

I haven't got an answer for you, but just to let you know it is not recommended for an e-mail address to be posted so as to avoid spammers getting hold of it!
I would advise you to go to the bottom right of the topic, click Edit ->Quick Edit -> remove your e-mail address -> Complete Edit

#7 merellogalasso

merellogalasso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2008 - 09:57 PM

Sorry, I have misunderstood your advice. I was inadequate posting my e mail. Ragards

I am not using any antispam at all. And how am I going to remove my address that's accepted worldwide included Bleeping Computer system as for sending your messages? Regards.

#8 merellogalasso

merellogalasso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2008 - 10:54 AM

I already fixed the too wide web presentation by rising to 1024x768. Now I have troubles with icons that remained too small in the task bar. Regards and thanks to everybody..

#9 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2008 - 12:21 PM

my Win 98se computer is running on 800 by 600

I too have opened the page with no problems but I do have to scroll a wee bit to see the page

your change of screan resolution will result in your icons changing size and you may wish to revert to the original resolution ?

sometimes one does have TO scroll if a page does not 'resize itself' for you

#10 merellogalasso

merellogalasso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2008 - 03:04 PM

Most dear Ruby..., many thanks, but you are taking for grant that I am starting with this a few days ago. How many thousands of times have I scrolled a page in my life? The trouble was that IT WASN'T POSSIBLE because the abnormal size was towards left, and then no bars or arrows are available. Well, the web size trouble was fixed with the change of resolution, but desk's bar icons turned and remained small and very ugly indeed. Also characters of the Mozilla an IE bars. I have the settings for "big icons" but it doesn't function. I do not see what should I have to do. Many thanks in any way, for your good will. Kind regards

#11 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2008 - 03:57 PM

I already fixed the too wide web presentation by rising to 1024x768. Now I have troubles with icons that remained too small in the task bar. Regards and thanks to everybody..

may one suggest you might consider returning your resolution to its original settings so as to regain your acceptably-sized icons?

#12 merellogalasso

merellogalasso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2008 - 04:21 PM

Yes, Ruby, but I cannot manage the salzburgerfestspiele web page... I think this is a very unexplainable situation. Regards

#13 M...

M...

• Members
  • 386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 PM

Posted 23 March 2008 - 04:57 PM

Hello merellogalasso,

Could you post a snapshot of your screen (at your original screen resolution, when the original problem occurs at that site) so that we can actually see what you are seeing when you describe "...the abnormal size was towards the left, and then no bars or arrows are available"?

The instructions for how to post a screen snapshot are here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-take-and-share-a-screen-shot-in-windows/

#14 merellogalasso

merellogalasso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2008 - 07:44 PM

Thanks a lot but this trouble doesn't deserve such an operation, but just to realize what I am saying: The web is too wide and is impossible to scroll it towards right. Left part of the web is covered at the left. This gets fixed setting resolution to maximum but then, icons become smaller, also characters in many places, etc. I have already come back to the previous resolution because I am not going to travel to Salzburg this year. And there are no other pages, known by me in my hard work inside internet, with this trouble. Many, many thanks and the most kind regards to everybody

#15 mme

mme

• Members
  • 400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 23 March 2008 - 07:56 PM

I am using my XP professional successfully with practically all web pages, through Mozilla and IE. Recently I got a Salzburger Festspiele's web too wide as impossible to log in or to complete the contact form (I sent them a mail in the case the page were bad). I have asked my daughter and some friends to open the page for me, and they "say" they get normal size images. It's very sorry for I was trying to buy tickets. Please be so kind to hep me, even to my personal e mail. Most kind regards and many thanks. This is the page, obviously: www.salzburgerfestspiele.at

1. Launch window registry editor by clicking on Start | Run .
2. Click in the Open dropdown box and type in regedit.exe then click OK .
3. Back up your registry by selecting File | Export type in a meaningful file name, in the export range section select All and save to your hard drive. To restore your old registry you simply import this file.
4. Next you need to create a new registry key. On the left side you need to go to the directory HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters
5. Select Edit | New | DWORD Value .
6. Rename the new registry key to TcpWindowSize.
7. Modify the registry setting for TcpWindowSize by double clicking on the key.
8. Change the Base Setting to Decimal.
9. Enter the value 64240 and click OK, then exit RegEdit.
10. For these settings to take effect you need to close all your open applications and reboot your system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users