Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected: Not-a-virus:adware.win32.virtumonde.gen

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JavaSwing

JavaSwing

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 22 March 2008 - 04:09 PM

Before stating my problem, I want to say hello everybody on this board. :flowers:

Here's my problem.
Well I thought that my system is clean after doing intensive research on how to remove malwares. I scan my system on Kaspersky online scanner and found out that I still have a malware on my system.

But anyway, here's what Kaspersky found:

C:\System Volume Information\_restore{3E630DE7-5F3B-4F5C-851B-9E351BAD557E}\RP17\A0005064.dll Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Virtumonde.gen skipped

That's the only malware it found.
I run SUPERAnti-Spyware and apparently it didn't detect this problem. So I'm having doubts if my system is clean even though I removed some of the malwares.

Thank you.
I shall wait for your responses. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JavaSwing

JavaSwing
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 22 March 2008 - 04:48 PM

Well nevermind, I think I fix my problem. :thumbsup:

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,011 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 AM

Posted 22 March 2008 - 07:36 PM

Hello JavaSwing and welcome to BC :flowers:

I'm glad to know that you think you've fixed the problem. Given that you have just gone through an extensive malware removal process and that Kaspersky found an infected file in System Restore, it is possible that more of the malware may have been saved in System Restore. To prevent possible reinfection, lets flush the restore points.

The easiest and safest way to do this is:
  • Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools and click "System Restore".
  • Choose the radio button marked "Create a Restore Point" on the first screen then click "Next". Give the R.P. a name, then click "Create". The new point will be stamped with the current date and time. Keep a log of this so you can find it easily should you need to use System Restore.
  • Then use Disk Cleanup to remove all but the most recently created Restore Point. Note that for XP Home, Disk cleanup will begin running right away. Let it finish calculating, then click on the More Options tab when that window pops up.
  • Go to Start > Run and type: Cleanmgr
  • Click "Ok".
  • Click the "More Options" Tab.
  • Click "Clean Up" in the System Restore section to remove all previous restore points except the newly created one.
Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users