Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Router Disconnects When Connecting 2nd Computer

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 joco

joco

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 22 March 2008 - 01:11 PM

I have a ZyXEL P-335U wireless router, which also has four normal LAN ports.
Currently I only use the normal LAN ports, and I have no wlan connections active.
The router is connected to the internet through an ethernet connection. (10/10Mbit)

Everything works great when I connect through the router with only one computer, but
if I plug in my 2nd computer, both connections will die after 10-60 minutes. All the lights
on the router keep blinking like usual, even after the connections die. It seems like some
outgoing traffic will still be possible after the connection crashes, but no incoming data.

I returned the router to have it fixed, but they found no problems and sent it back to me.

Hopefully someone here will have an idea of what could be the problem. Looking forward
to reading any ideas/comments/tips/help/whatever.

Edited by joco, 22 March 2008 - 01:15 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users