Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Game Locking Up.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BWoogie

BWoogie

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 PM

Posted 22 March 2008 - 12:58 PM

I have been playing Planetside and it was running fine for the past 3 to 4 weeks. Somehow I got a Trojan called "Zlob.ABS, Zlob.VIF, Generic7.AVL." I managed to remove the virus (I am pretty sure I did) by downloading the Antivirus AVG. I also had 2 popups that were showing up. I also have Bitdefender. I ran them both to find the Trojan and it says it was removed. I deleted all my cookies, temporary internet files, defraged, did a disk repair, ran Adaware, Made sure my audio and video drivers were up to date. I also ran PCCillian several times. I removed Planetside and reinstalled it. The Pop-ups are gone. But when I go into Planetside, my game locks up about 2 minutes into the game. Usually, I can hit the windows key and go into task manager to see if the game is not responding, but with this I just have to do a hard boot to get out of it. I have checked to see if there is a problem by running dxdiag and it says there is no problem there. I have checked the Event Viewer to see if there was a log of something not loading but it also does not show anything there. I am not that good at diagnosing pc problems, but know just enough to be dangerous, lol. Hopefully someone can lead me in the right direction to trying figure out why this is happening now. I have just ran Hyjackthis, but it might as well be in a foreign language.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Ozymandias90

Ozymandias90

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:49 PM

I'm not sure what exactly is the problem, other than that there is still malware and or trojans on your computer.
Head here with the information you posted here, and someone who understands HijackThis will help you clean out your computer.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/
Cheers, Mate.
Look Upon My Works Ye Mighty, and Despair!
Intel® Core™2 Extreme Quad-Core QX9650 3.0Ghz~EVGA 780i Motherboard~4GB Corsair PC8500C5D DDR2~Four Hitachi 1000GB 32MB 7200RPM~Two NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra 768MB Liquid Cooled~1100W Modular Power Supply~Voodoo OMEN Aluminium Chassis w/ Signature Ancient Forest Paint

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users