Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Red X's In Ie7 Partially Solved

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 JazzMahn

JazzMahn

• Members
  • 382 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 PM

Posted 22 March 2008 - 12:10 PM

Several days ago I made a post that I was unable to have IGoogle Maps draw properly in IE7. The web site I designed was www.fbcarmi.com Since then I have looked all over the net for an answer. When I went to the site in FireFox I had no problems as in Safari.

This morning I came across an article that said .png files created red x's. I did check and found that several of the red x's I had were in fact .png files. The suggestion was to turn off the UAC. I did and all of a sudden all of the red x's were gone. Also, the IGoogle map I used in my web page worked. The article went on to say that Microsoft was aware of this and that there was no other fix than to leave UAC turned off.

As I continued to explore, I found an article that suggested turning the UAC back on and right clicking to run Internet Expolorer as an Administrator. I did and the red x's are gone. The IGoogle map works and all is as it should be.

My question now is what I can do to set my administrator level such that I don't have to right click on IE every time I go into it in order to be free of the red x's.

Would sure appreciate any ideas or suggestions that anyone might have. Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users