Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Do You Make Text Transparent ?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 deadend3

deadend3

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 PM

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:25 AM

I have been trying to make some text in Seriph Drawplus 8 because the effects are superb and it is much easier and quicker to use than Paint shop Pro, then exporting them to PSP for my Fiancee to use, (she is a tagger) but when you load the image into PSP the transparent background I use in Drawplus 8 comes out as a green background in PSP. what am I doing wrong please, it is driving me crazy :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2008 - 07:40 AM

Hi deadend3.
Never used Drawplus but it sounds like the age old image file format issue.
What file format are you exporting in? (i.e. .jpg .gif .png, etc)
On page 222 of the Drawplus 8 manual, there is also a transparency option when exporting. Are you selecting that?

#3 deadend3

deadend3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2008 - 07:49 PM

Yeah I used the export as transparent, will just have to experiment with file formats I suppose, just wondered if anyone had come across it before and knew one that worked

#4 AgentMES

AgentMES

• Banned
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 PM

Posted 24 March 2008 - 08:10 PM

.PNG is a good format for transparency.

#5 deadend3

deadend3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2008 - 05:35 PM

tried all formats and no luck

#6 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2008 - 07:26 AM

Sorry to hear it wasn't that simple deadend3.
There would "appear" (obviously) to be a difference in the way the two programs handle transparencies. It may be something as basic as color count the transparency you created in drawplus utilizes (i.e. 256 vs. 1.6 mil., etc) or perhaps a specific file type PSP needs to display it correctly (i.e. GIF89a Non-interlaced. ) described here.
You could try a simple File>Save as on the image in PSP, but it's probably not going to be that easy.

#7 Rated sXe

Rated sXe

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 PM

Posted 13 April 2008 - 04:44 AM

I don't know how Seriph Drawplus 8 works.

But in Photoshop to have a transparent background, you need ot make sure your background layer or the bottom layer is blank and transparent. Than save it as png or gif (I think it is gif...)

#8 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 13 April 2008 - 12:21 PM

Why do you want a transparency on a PSP background? Thats the main thing I'm thinking is wrong. Also, some things for transparency have a strange darkish green for .pngs when you stick them up(win XP, when you set a .png as background in general, or at least after this one update, there was.)

Oh, if you mean that you just want the text to appear a bit faded, stick it on a layer, and then take the opacity down to where it looks nice. You won't need to save it as anything special then... so a .jpg will work fine.

Edited by Vaerli, 13 April 2008 - 12:22 PM.

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

#9 Rated sXe

Rated sXe

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 PM

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:10 PM

I think what he wants is just text for a background.

But when he had saved the file it ended up being a text on a green background.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users