Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem While Opening Windows Live Messenger

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ChronoXIII

ChronoXIII

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 22 March 2008 - 01:05 AM

1.The following message appeared every time I open Windows Live Messenger on my computer:

Internet Explorer script error

An error has occured in the script of this page.

Line:2
Char:212367
Error: Expected identifier
Code:0
URL: http://rad.msn.com/ADSHdClient31.dll?GetAd...MAL&AP=1007

Do you still want to continue running scripts on this page? Yes/No

Plus, when this message appears, the frame of Windows Live is in classic, although the settings shows that the frame is set as Windows XP style. Other frames are in XP style. Which option should I choose? What does this means and how can I correct it?

2. When my brother is using the computer, he told me that a message something like this appeared:" Windows File protection. The contents of your files are replaced with something unidentified. please insert Windows Xp disk now." This is not a custom built computer, so I don't have the disk, then I clicked "cancel". Then, the computer asked me if I still want to keep the files. If I clicked "no", the message keeps appearing again, so I clicked "yes".
What does this mean? Is this a virus attack? What should I do if the message appears again?

I hope somebody can help me ASAP. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 david28

david28

Forum Member

• Banned
  • 1,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 AM

Posted 22 March 2008 - 01:17 AM

I believe that updating to the latest version of Msn will fix this problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users